Leak under the kitchen sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myturn

I have a small leak under the kitchen sink at the pipe joints. There does not appear to be any type of sealant on these joints.
Should I seal them with some kind of pipe glue? Or are they not supposed to be glued.

I'm trying not to let a drip spoil the DW?s day?.Ok, my day too because you know she has to remind me of it every time the dishes are done. 

The sink drains are usually simple PVC with compression fittings.  We take ours apart every year or so to clean them out and tighten up the joints.  No tools needed, just tighten by hand.  While apart, check the o-rings in the compression fittings and replace if damaged.  All standard plumbing parts.  I would not glue them.

As Ned says, these fittings are not glued. If tightening them (by hand) is not sufficient to stop the leak, disassemble and clean the joint and get new compression washers at any hardware store. You probably have standard 1.5" drain plumbing, but occasionally you will find RVs with 1.25" drains. Both sizes should be readily available in hardware and homestores.

Thanks  for the help guys  ;) 
I'm goinng to the hardware store tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom