1999 Dutchmen Lite 24' Trailer, has no on demand water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HornHunter

Just bought a 1999 Dutchmen Lite 10th Anniversary Edition 24BHL Classic. One of the two previous owners removed the cabinets from the front and the water pump and connections because they used City Water and nothing else. I'm in need of pictures or diagram showing how this thing was hooked up, plus what type of pump that was in there. Can anyone help me on this. Does anyone have one of these trailers?
The water inlet is still in the wall from the outside but no connection inside, there are two wires for the 12 volt on the pump on the floor and one 1/2" line coming out of the floor from the tank I think.

Need some help. Thanks

Does it have a gravity fill port for the fresh water tank? If so, adding a water pump is easy. The pump intake is the 1/2" line to the water tank and the pump outlet tees into the RV plumbing at some convenient place. You want an RV type demand water pump, of which there are many available.
Shurflo, Flojet and Aquatec are some of the major brands.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-pumps-water/shurflo-pumps.htm?source=google&gclid=CN3n4cfnjqoCFct95Qod_1t6zg

If there is no gravity port for filling the fresh water tank, the plumbing gets a bit more complex. You either have to add a separate hose inlet to the tank (tees to the pump intake line with a shut-off valve) or add a diverter valve to the existing city inlet that can rout water to the fresh tank. The separate filler inlet is the easiest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom