RVs hooked up to homes Mound Septic, tank+pump system work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakegaisser

I am being evicted, but I have family with plenty of land that offered for me to live there out of my 5th wheel. The problem is that the septic is on the highest point of the property. It is a mound septic system, so the only way I can think to hook my RV up would be with some kind of large above ground septic tank that has a pump so it can pump it uphill to the septic system on the property.

Does anyone know if something like this is sold? What are my options?

Also if I were to hook something like that up, how far could I run the lines that pump out to the septic? would I need to be parked close to the septic system?

Sounds like a perfect macerator application.  They can pump long distances and even uphill.  Look at the advertisements to see if their specs are doable in your application as far as grade and distance.  You use a garden hose to pump the material.  I have used them where the drain is about 200' away and suspect that they would go further but maybe not uphill.

You just need a sewage lift station, which is basically a tank with a macerator pump in it. It doesn't have to be above ground if the pump has enough "lift' to move the sewage water to the septic.

But you may not need it. Your family's sewer system must already have a lift pump to deliver sewage to the mound (which is the leach field). All you need to do is to dump to the existing septic tank and let it do its normal job. The septic tank may be lower than the house plumbing and rely on its own macerator to move the sewage to the mound. Or, if the taptic tank is near the mound, there must be a lift station somewhere near the house that pump it there. The house plumbing will be gravity flow to some low collection point, either the septic tank or a lift station.

I have a raised septic system. The house gravity feeds to a 1200 gallon (under ground) settling tank with liquids flowing to another tank where it is pumped out to my raised leach field which has special sand in it. I dump my RV in a line that feeds to the house line. There should be a clean out or inspection point between the house and the tank. DO NOT dump into the white pipes on the field that are there for inspection only. If your using the family's septic, best to coordinate with them so your not dumping the same time or days they are doing wash etc. as you can overload the system (or so I'm told).

That's right - you want the RV sewage to pass through the the house septic tank, not dumped directly into the leach field.

The septic tank separates liquids and solids and consumes the nutrients in the sewage before allowing it to flow into the leach field.  Essentially what flows from the tank to the leach field is clear water.  If you dump raw sewage directly into the leach field you'll develop a bio-mat around the pipes that will choke off the absorption flow and render the field useless.

Not mentioned is what State you are to live in. If there is a possibility of freezing during winter, then you need to plan accordingly especially if you end up with a macerator pump through a long hose. That stuff freezes too.

Just something to consider.

Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom