Thanks Roadmaster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We got back to the coach this afternoon and found a note on our door from Roadmaster saying:

"Roadmaster has serviced your tow bar. As a courtesy and convenience to you, Roadmaster has cleaned and lubricated your tow bar. In addition,a basic safety inspection has been performed....." The result of the safety inspection was also shown ("Good working order" in our case).

Sure enough, the tow bar looks clean and like new. I must admit to having forgotten about lubing it until seeing this note :-[

I've talked to several other folks who received the same free unsolicited service. Looks like they're just driving around the 3,000-4,000 coaches looking for their products.

THANKS BLUE OX.

I visited the Blue Ox service desk at the pomona FMCA rally to request a free service check on my Aluminum Aladin towbar which is rated for 5000 lbs. After filling out the service request form which asked for data such as what motorhome (Monaco Dynasty)  and what car you tow (Jeep Gr.C) and how many miles (72.000) you had used the towbar.
They gave me an approx time they would stop by. But reading the report the service writer said with a heavy tow car and that mileage of towing let me make you offer. I trade in your 6 year old towbar and give you  a New Adventa towbar rated for 10.000 lbs and you pay $ 100.00 and he said now you can tow that Hummer you want to buy :D I right away pulled my checkbook and one hour later he stopped by and installed the new towbar

Chris

You telling us that Blue Ox doesn't just stop by and service the hitch without being aske anymore???  The last time Roadmaster service our hitch they just exchanged it for a new on at no charge. ;D ;D

Blue Ox fed-exed me a new tow bar when my original broke last month, And though they concluded there was nothing wrong with the tow-bar and that the cause of the break was the tow bar seperating from the Motor Home (pin came out) (I do admit that happend, However I'm not sure of the order of events, I do agree the break looked very clean and fresh, did not in any way appear to be faulty)

They are not charging me for the replacement (Which does look better than the original)

I"m happy with them... I don't blame them for the break anyway,  And I can not explain how the pin came out, I know it was in place and properly pinned when I re-hooked the towed a few miles before the break (perhaps 10-15 miles)

chrpennings said:
....I trade in your 6 year old towbar and give you  a New Adventa towbar rated for 10.000 lbs and you pay $ 100.00

That's a great upgrade deal Chris. Congratulations.

Getting everything back in shape by the manufacturers at little or no charge is one of the biggest attractions of attending FMCA rallies.

The second is all the tech support available.

the third is drooling over all the new coaches for sale!  :p :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom