All Most in Haiti Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

The 1st world...
The temp. get up to 100f in SE Michigan today.  The line voltage at our house is 98 volts as measured by my Killawatt meter.  Normally around 116v-119v.

The 3rd world....
At the Mirebalais, Haiti La Mirage hotel the line voltage ran around 90 volts.  On the other side of the river running through town the line voltage was 80 volts at the St. Blaise Orphanage.

I assume out west where high temps are more the norm the electrical grid is more robust and the voltage drops are less in the summer heat.

Here in Milwaukee where the nominal voltage is 116 in the park, we're at 111 these days with highs near 100F and A/C running nearly 24 hours a day.

I am in the middle of the southwest desert and it is 100 degrees right now. My A/C is running full bore and the line voltage is 118 with the A/C and the TV running. The A/C keeps this place at around 80 degrees which is plenty comfortable.

6:20 PM and we are in Sangchris Lake State Park (Springfield, IL) with temps 100.6 and A.C power at 115VAC.  We ran the generator and both A.C.s all day as we drove.

Voltage is now down to 94.3 volts.  Some appliances do not function (microwave, my shop florescent lights, battery charger to name a few).  Ned, put some on those volts onto a boat and send them across.  Wonder what makes the difference in area voltage?

Len and Jo said:
Voltage is now down to 94.3 volts.  Some appliances do not function (microwave, my shop florescent lights, battery charger to name a few).  Ned, put some on those volts onto a boat and send them across.  Wonder what makes the difference in area voltage?
Are you checking the voltage at the pedestal and inside your rig? There might be a problem with your rig.

Inside my house.  We are not on the road.  Must be getting close to a brown out. 

Isn't the voltage supposed to be balanced across the various grids across the country?

Len, I'd like to send you some power, but I'd rather have my rear A/C working again.  One A/C just can't keep it cool enough inside in these temperatures.

Ned said:
Len, I'd like to send you some power, but I'd rather have my rear A/C working again.  One A/C just can't keep it cool enough inside in these temperatures.
Ned, are you guys going to FMC rally in Madison? I'll be there at the vendor tent with Dupree products showing my floor covering. Stop by and say hi

Ernie, sorry, no we won't be in Madison.  We will still be in Milwaukee if you come this way.

The voltage in Albuquerque is at 118 and doesn't change throughout the day.

That's read on a Kill-A-Watt.

Must be prepaired for the 110 deg. temps.

Ernie,

We'll be at the rally along some others on the forum. We'll stop by to say Hi.

To keep on the thread - we are in Menominee, MI. Should be 87deg  today, but only 77 tomorrow. Nice shaded riverfront site, OK with 30amp power, voltage has been good.

ken

Temp at 10:30 last night was still 87f and that is unusual for Michigan.  78f this a.m. and line voltage back up to 110volts.  Most every store is sold out of room A/C units and I am sure every A/C unit and fan in SE Michigan was on yesterday.

On our way over to Sleepy State Park north of Lansing to meet daughter and her family for a 4 day weekend.  Taking swimming suit and LOTS of drinks.

He're at the cottage at Parlee Beach, NB, we're about 100 miles east of the dome causing the heat wave throughout North America.  we have 119 volt power and it is 67 F.  Comfortable for bike rides, but not beach weather.

Ed

Here we are in southern AZ with temps in the comfortable 80s and 90s and no A/C at night.  Just natural a/c with doors and windows open.  Sorry, guys, just had to say it.  ;)  We're happy to have had to stay home this summer, as we've been monitoring some of our favorite haunts and it's much worse in those places, so we really haven't missed anything.  Oh yeah!  It really is a DRY heat...... ;D

Daisy

Daisy,

Glad your temps are reasonable. We avoided the real heat by staying way north Current we are moving a little further south but it still looks good.

Ken
In Menominee, MI. Hi today 80degs (yesterday 87)
Next stop Baileys Harbor, WI

If you haven't picked a park in Bailey's Harbor, Beantown is a nice campground just outside of town.

84 degrees in central Oregon today and that's the hottest it's been in 3 weeks.

Wendy
La Pine, OR

Ned said:
If you haven't picked a park in Bailey's Harbor, Beantown is a nice campground just outside of town.

That's good to know, our Spartan Chassis Chapter post FMCA-Madison rally will be there.

Back
Top Bottom