EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up  (Read 68662 times)

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
Re: 2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »
Margaret and Henry Wishard will be attending We are from Texas and will be our first rally. Should arrive 01/21/2012 If I see what i like will be staying 2 weeks. Can't wait to do a little Geocaching and driving that new jeep out in the desert.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
Add me to the list, Bob.  I'll be arriving on Sunday, after the Bluegrass Festival ends.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2011, 12:26:48 PM »
Can't wait to do a little Geocaching and driving that new jeep out in the desert.

There's an Escapees geocaching rally up on Plomosa Road the week after the RV Forum rally. Should be lots of fun.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »
I have a possible problem that might prevent us from coming to the Rally.  Have an appointment on Jan 10 to look at my left eye.  Have a cataract and have to have something done about it before I renew my driver license.  7 years ago had a cataract removed via traditional surgery.  This time I am considering lasic surgery and from what I hear the recovery time is much faster.  So keep us on the arrival list.  Since my appointment is more than a week before the start date of the rally, I can let you know about a weekbefore if we are a go or not.

Thanks
Smoky and Sharon
Smoky S  Ham radio - W3PY

The magic of a campfire
where the fish get bigger
the mountains get higher
the hike was uphill both ways
and new friends become old friends

2005 KSDP3910 Newmar Kountry Star
Toad - Taurus wagon w/ axle lock
On our way to the Poudre River in Colorado for the summer!

carson

• ---
  • memories of yore
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »
I don't recall ever seeing that sign.  Does anyone know who has it now?  It would be great to put it on the Section 541 road!

ArdraF

I found the source of the sign again. Make your own....

Here is the link....http://www.streetsigngenerator.com/

Carson
Carson, 
 West Central Florida
Ex RV'er. (1995 Winnebago Adventurer)
2007 Buick Rendezvous, SUV / CROSSOVER

...Logic works like a charm...

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2011, 11:41:13 PM »
I just scrounged thru this thread to find the link to who's coming to Qtz.

Thanks, Wendy. Too bad you had to do that . . .  :(

When scrounging around, did you happen to again read my suggestions on how set the link as a favorite or desktop icon -- beginning with my initial post?

NOTE: If you want to add that link to your Favorites Bar, just select "Add to Favorites bar" from your Favorites Menu or under the Favorites Bar icon. You can then check the list status anytime while in your browser (see attached). As we get closer to the rally dates, I will sometimes be doing adds, changes, and/or deletes several times a day - so this will always give you the latest list as I know it to be.

NOTE: To go directly to the attendee list, you may want to go to then add THIS address to your favorite bookmarks. To make the URL a desktop shortcut, copy it to your clip board, do a right click on the desktop, select "shortcut" (or however your version reads), then follow the wizard instructions. See attached.

Have attached another JPG of my desktop computer. No matter where you are in your browser a "single click" will display the latest list. If you set the link as a desktop icon you don't have to be in your browser. I have made it very easy to get to the list w/no scrounging around necessary -- far better than posting the list of about 40 folk here in this thread as it changes now almost on a daily basis, over and over and over and over again . . .  :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:07:57 AM by Bob Buchanan »
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2011, 09:56:36 AM »
Bob, thanks for the lesson on the bookmark bar. 

Gary
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »
Thanks Bob. I figured I wasn't looking at the website often enough to add it to my favorites, especially way back when the thread started :) . And thought perhaps there were others who also hadn't added it their favorites. Figured it couldn't hurt to get the link in a more recent post. And I suspect that your last post will help those of us who didn't mark the list site as a favorite. Thanks.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »
Be careful Wendy, it's easy to get used to California temps. 

Gary
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
Gary, The weather is delightful but I can't stand the traffic ! And didn't produce use to be cheaper in California than a lot of other places?

Wendy
Crystal Cove State Park
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »
Wendy, everything is cheaper but you need to know where to look.  If you come across a Trader Joe's, check them out.  You'll find a limited selection of high quality products at reasonable prices.   Also, Vallarta markets have great prices with a good selection.  Enjoy your stay in CA. 

Gary

Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
Trader Joe's I know - cheap wine and those awesome peppermint Oreo-type cookies, YUM. Will see if there's a Vallerta's anywhere around here.

BTW, forget produce prices, each and every sunset since we got here has been spectacular.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:12 AM »
Bob,

Please remove Sheila and I from the list of attendees. We will stop by to visit on a "day" trip.

thanks,

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
Trader Joe's I know - cheap wine and those awesome peppermint Oreo-type cookies, YUM. Will see if there's a Vallerta's anywhere around here.

BTW, forget produce prices, each and every sunset since we got here has been spectacular.

Wendy

Closest one to you is on Lincoln Ave. in Anaheim.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »
Thanks  Jim. We're making a run to Whittier this week for lunch at Rubi's and that might work on the way home. If not, there's a couple of Trader Joe's close by.

Wendy
Bolsa Chica State Beach

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
Wendy,

Try the one at 3425 Whittier Blvd.  You should be close to that one.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

lucyakers

• ---
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2012, 06:06:04 AM »
Another real good store for fancy food is A.J's in AZ. It's the upscale Basha's. Fresh & Easy is also good. They might be elsewhere too. Calif. probably has double the fancy places that we have in AZ. Seems most of our food comes from there.
George & Lucy
Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40'
Maricopa, AZ

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:59 AM »
We arrived at QZ yesterday, staying in the short term visitor area SE of X19. Marlene is putting up a display for her dog cards with the Too Crazy Ladies. The town is really empty so far, not too many people have come yet, but it is early.

Thursday we head up to Indio and will be there thru the FMCA rally and then back to QZ for the rally.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

skyking1

• ---
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
Glad we did not get on the list, we will not be there this time. The 4 letter word has struck again.
Kelly and Mary

1996 Dodge CTD 2500 "Woody"
1991 Avion 29.5 ST
Washington State

http://boondockerswelcome.com/users/skyking

llib enad

• ---
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
Bill & Raymonda Dane will try to pull in about the 19th.  Look forward to caching that area.

suezek

• ---
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »
We will be heading to the rally at Quartzsite on the 19th or 20th! This will be our first time at the rally and our second at Quartzsite. Been following you all for two years now and it is time to meet you for Heaven's sake. Sue Klinefelter and brother Bob Konradi from Scootsdale and Durango.
'11 Bershire 390 BH and Rubicon
Scottsdale and Durango
Wherever you go you will be there

mrschwarz

• ---
    • C U on the Road
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »
Ellen and Michael Schwarz are going to have to cancel. We put our house on the market on Monday, fully expecting it to take months to sell. We got an offer yesterday, countered last night which was accepted today. We will have to stay in the house until the closing in the middle of February. I was looking forward to it. Maybe next year.
Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45 OPP
Cummins ISL 450
Allison 3000
Progressive EMS-HW50C Surge Protector
Air Force One

Visit us at www.schwarz.org

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
Well, it's too bad we won't get to meet you - but hot dog!  It's wonderful that you sold your home so quickly in this market.  Now you have your work cut out for you!  Glad for you that it sold so fast.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
Arrived in Qz yesterday afternoon (Tues/10th) and am parked in the Scaddan Wash 14 day area for now. Will move to the rally site in a week or so as other members begin to arrive. Nice drive down from NCal - not too much fog in the valley or wind along I40 between Barstow and Needles.

Shows are up and running along Keuhn and Main Event area on main street. Hard to tell whether the crowds are down as I can't recall being here this early before. However, there was no wait at the Pit Stop whereas on previous visits they were fairly backed up.

The ATTENDEE LIST is up to date from what I read here and what has been PM'ed to me - with 38 signed up so far and including those that have dropped off or been added in the past few days. Please let me know if you find any discrepancies. If you weren't sure of your arrival date when you posted and do know now, please let me know. That date is not critical, but we do worry about you if your name is on the list and we don't see your rig coming down the long dusty road to the site.

BTW, if coming down CA95 between Needles and Blythe (or Vidal Junction, then Parker), I ran into quite a delay due to resurfacing of the roadway. There was an 11 mile, one lane at a time with the flag persons 11 miles apart, delay over the summit of the mini-mountain just South of Needles. If may be completed by the time you travel, but OTOH it may not so checking ahead would be wise.

After spending these days last year with MRI's, CT scan's and an operation -- it is "very" nice being back in the AZ desert . . .  :)

Looking forward to your arrivals!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:14:06 PM by Bob Buchanan »
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »
Bob,, I got the word about the construction today from a friend that has arrived at another site,, I am hoping that the area will be more open this Sunday when I come thru. Will be arriving Sun mid day.>>>Dan
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »
Hi Bob -

I'll be leaving the Western Railway Museum in Fairfield CA tomorrow - should be in the Quartzsite area the first part of next week.  I'm planning to attend the Bluegrass Festival next weekend so I don't know if I'll get a LTVA pass or just stay in the 14 day area until the festival starts.

Lou

DAN L

• ---
  • VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON AND KAPOLEI, HAWAII
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2012, 12:04:33 AM »
Arrived in Qz yesterday afternoon (Tues/10th) and am parked in the Scaddan Wash 14 day area for now. Will move to the rally site in a week or so as other members begin to arrive. Nice drive down from NCal - not too much fog in the valley or wind along I40 between Barstow and Needles.

Shows are up and running along Keuhn and Main Event area on main street. Hard to tell whether the crowds are down as I can't recall being here this early before. However, there was no wait at the Pit Stop whereas on previous visits they were fairly backed up.

The ATTENDEE LIST is up to date from what I read here and what has been PM'ed to me - with 38 signed up so far and including those that have dropped off or been added in the past few days. Please let me know if you find any discrepancies. If you weren't sure of your arrival date when you posted and do know now, please let me know. That date is not critical, but we do worry about you if your name is on the list and we don't see your rig coming down the long dusty road to the site.

BTW, if coming down CA95 between Needles and Blythe (or Vidal Junction, then Parker), I ran into quite a delay due to resurfacing of the roadway. There was an 11 mile, one lane at a time with the flag persons 11 miles apart, delay over the summit of the mini-mountain just South of Needles. If may be completed by the time you travel, but OTOH it may not so checking ahead would be wise.

After spending these days last year with MRI's, CT scan's and an operation -- it is "very" nice being back in the AZ desert . . .  :)

Looking forward to your arrivals!!

bob,
due to medical problems cheryl and i will not be in qz this year.
dan l
01 Winnebago 35U W20. member Good Sam, SKP. all fluids AMSOIL Syn. BANKS ecm prog. SCAN G. II w/Alli temp. 4 KONI fsd shocks. 2 LIFELINE gpl-6ct Batts on their sides. TST t.p. and temp mon. K&N panel air filter. PROG IND inline surge prot. silv star lights. STEHL dolly. dw CHERYL, 2 cat furkids.

llib enad

• ---
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »
Bob
We are in the same area as you, would like to meet you if you are out and about.  We are parked abouy 150 yards due south of the host awning.  Coach is a CC Allure, green ,SD license.  Toad is a green CRV.

Bill & Raymonda Dane

caltex

• ---
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Bob, please take our name off the attending list.  We have a front air bag that won't inflate, so we won't be moving until we are able to get that fixed. We were happy that we were able to see a few folks at the FMCA rally this week.
Robert & Carol Penn
Robert

duanecatman

• ---
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »
BOB
Contrary to our earlier plans, unfortunetly, Duane and Angie Catterall are no longer able to attend,  May be next year

Hosted by Over The Network