2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to announce that Reba and Sky will not be able to attend this year.  Both are waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge.  Reba (kitty) went to the bridge this summer at the age of 23, and Sky (Chesapeake Bay retriever) made the trip a month ago at the age of 14.  It is hell living without our 4 leggers.  It will be a strange feeling in QZ this year without them.

Smoky

Smoky, I'm so sad to hear this. It's so hard to lose the hairy kids. Many of us here know exactly how you're feeling. Bet your Sky and my Sam are chasing tennis balls around at the Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs
Wendy

Wendy:

Yes indeed they are!!

Thanks for putting a big smile on my face!!

Have you ever read the Rainbow Bridge poem?  I should post it here since we have so many animal lovers on the forum.

Hugz back,

Smoky

I have read the Rainbow Bridge poem many times and never with a dry eye. It's been posted on The Forum several times and I always grab a tissue before reading it.

Me too. 

The Admiral took it over to the quilting room for the ladies to read.  In a few minutes everyone in the room was bawling (this is a pet friendly resort filled with senior citizens who have lost pets).  Pretty soon people began stopping by to see what all the commotion was about.  I was afraid the activities director was going to ban any more reading of the poem LOL. 

Reba was a window kitty and as such he enjoyed sunning on the front dash and watching the activity which was ALWAYS interesting and sometimes bizarre a la the horse race.

But Sky actually knew where he was and could not wait to get out of the coach and greet old friends.  Sky missed Ron Ruward when he stopped coming.  I think it was more than just the dog biscuits Ron always had in his pocket.

Bob, Laura and I will not be able to attend he Rally this year due to Lauras mother undergoing surgery. She needs to be with her. We plan on getting to Quartzite at the end of Jan and spend a week or two riding around in the 4X4. If anyone is planning on staying past the Ralley maby we can meet up. We are staying around the area of Dome Rock road. Will try to go next year with the group. Thanks and have a great time, really enjoyed last year meeting everyone.  See you, Bob S.

I just scrounged thru this thread to find the link to who's coming to Qtz. Thought I'd post the link here in case anyone else was looking for it.

See you all soon.
Wendy

Margaret and Henry Wishard will be attending We are from Texas and will be our first rally. Should arrive 01/21/2012 If I see what i like will be staying 2 weeks. Can't wait to do a little Geocaching and driving that new jeep out in the desert.

Hwishard said:
Can't wait to do a little Geocaching and driving that new jeep out in the desert.

There's an Escapees geocaching rally up on Plomosa Road the week after the RV Forum rally. Should be lots of fun.

Wendy

I have a possible problem that might prevent us from coming to the Rally.  Have an appointment on Jan 10 to look at my left eye.  Have a cataract and have to have something done about it before I renew my driver license.  7 years ago had a cataract removed via traditional surgery.  This time I am considering lasic surgery and from what I hear the recovery time is much faster.  So keep us on the arrival list.  Since my appointment is more than a week before the start date of the rally, I can let you know about a weekbefore if we are a go or not.

Thanks
Smoky and Sharon

ArdraF said:
I don't recall ever seeing that sign.  Does anyone know who has it now?  It would be great to put it on the Section 541 road!

ArdraF

I found the source of the sign again. Make your own....

Here is the link....http://www.streetsigngenerator.com/

Carson

Wendy said:
I just scrounged thru this thread to find the link to who's coming to Qtz.

Thanks, Wendy. Too bad you had to do that . . .  :(

When scrounging around, did you happen to again read my suggestions on how set the link as a favorite or desktop icon -- beginning with my initial post?

NOTE: If you want to add that link to your Favorites Bar, just select "Add to Favorites bar" from your Favorites Menu or under the Favorites Bar icon. You can then check the list status anytime while in your browser (see attached). As we get closer to the rally dates, I will sometimes be doing adds, changes, and/or deletes several times a day - so this will always give you the latest list as I know it to be.

NOTE: To go directly to the attendee list, you may want to go to then add THIS address to your favorite bookmarks. To make the URL a desktop shortcut, copy it to your clip board, do a right click on the desktop, select "shortcut" (or however your version reads), then follow the wizard instructions. See attached.

Have attached another JPG of my desktop computer. No matter where you are in your browser a "single click" will display the latest list. If you set the link as a desktop icon you don't have to be in your browser. I have made it very easy to get to the list w/no scrounging around necessary -- far better than posting the list of about 40 folk here in this thread as it changes now almost on a daily basis, over and over and over and over again . . .  :)

Attachments

• ListFavorite.jpg
    ListFavorite.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Bob. I figured I wasn't looking at the website often enough to add it to my favorites, especially way back when the thread started :) . And thought perhaps there were others who also hadn't added it their favorites. Figured it couldn't hurt to get the link in a more recent post. And I suspect that your last post will help those of us who didn't mark the list site as a favorite. Thanks.

Wendy

Gary, The weather is delightful but I can't stand the traffic ! And didn't produce use to be cheaper in California than a lot of other places?

Wendy
Crystal Cove State Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom