2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy, since you are dog person.... ;) When we were at QZ last (a couple of years ago) , there was a dog groomer downtown.  If it's not too much trouble can you see if you can locate her phone number.  Charlie needs a hair cut and I won't have a lot of water to bath him, then clip him, so I'm looking for alternatives. 

Marsha!

I used to own an Old English Sheepdog. I groomed him his whole life. I got a shaver and shaved him down to almost no hair every few months. 

The place where Mom had Jessie groomed is no longer there but I'll take a look around town tomorrow. You might be better off with a nice day trip to Yuma or Parker.

Gordon's grooming involves taking him to the nearest lake, drying him off after his swim, and cleaning out his ears.

FWIW, I don't think I'd let Tom S. groom my doggie :)

See ya all soon.
Wendy
Plomosa, Quartzsite AZ

We just arrived in QZ this evening.  We will be in the area for at least a week but likely not the entire 10 days of the show.
If you would be interested in a seminar on satellite TV for your rally I could likely arrange that as well if there is enough interest.

We're now in Las Vegas (New Mexico, not the gambling spot) at the KOA. The winds weren't as bad as initial indications showed. A surprisingly large amount of the trip was with little or no wind, though there were a couple of short (less than 10 miles) segments that whipped us around a little. However the last 20 minutes or so into Las Vegas did start getting quite a headwind. And it's still blowing intermittently at the campground, enough to occasionally rattle the topper on our slide.

Hope to be around Benson (or a little short, perhaps) tomorrow night, weather permitting, then Qz the next afternoon -- IF all goes well (go away, Murphy).

I'm over at the Bluegrass Festival in Blythe - I'll be heading to Quartzsite on Monday. 

If anyone is thinking about coming this way, there's still camping available on the fairgrounds for $15 a night (boondocking only).  Music starts Friday morning and runs through Sunday afternoon.  Admission is $40 per person for all 3 days, I don't know how much daily admission costs.

Wendy said:
What was that song you sang to Gordon last year, hmmmm?  :)

Oh Wendy, I could never kill a dog, I can't even kill either of my ex-wives. But if one dies I see no problem with honoring him in song.  Besides the chorus goes "Dead puppies aren't much fun". Not a threat, just a statement of fact.

I've been grooming Charlie for nearly 3 years.  My problem is that in QZ, I need to be frugal with the water.....thus the need for a groomer.  Plus I don't have a table to groom on.  At home he is either up on our picnic table or the tail gate of my husbands truck.  Either one works great.

I think I'll check for a groomer here in Camp Verde. 

We've signed up for a 4 hour Verde Valley train ride on Saturday along the river.  Tomorrow we head to Sedona for the day.

Marsha~

My niece, Betsy, will be coming with me for the beginning of the week. She has a villa at Los Cabos that she rents by the whole or by the suite if anybody is interested!
www.villadelossuenosbaja.com

A Destination...
Villa de Los Suenos
Los Barriles, B.C.S. Mexico

Bill Adams said:
We just arrived in QZ this evening.  We will be in the area for at least a week but likely not the entire 10 days of the show.
If you would be interested in a seminar on satellite TV for your rally I could likely arrange that as well if there is enough interest.

Hi Bill,

Good to see you here on the friendliest forum on the net.  Not sure why no one answered your post.  Perhaps you could post a little more of your qualifications and experience with satellite TV.

I read most of your posts on the Escapees forum.

Paul Stough

Hi all,
Well after much effort I will be able to attend.  Linda, in spite of weeks of effort, will not.  I have been unable to alter her impression of Quartzite.  I will not arrive until Sunday afternoon on the 22nd.  And I will have to leave on Friday the 27th.  This is the best I was able to do.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Dean

Dean,
Glad you will be here at Quartzsite and thanks for trying to get Linda to attend.  We arrived today and the weather and sunset  has been perfect.  She will be sorry she missed it !  nah na nah na

Betty

I'm parked here in Lazydays until at least next Thursday. . . and it may be Friday. It is the best place to be in a the middle of a venders SNAFU.

It is entirely Flow-master-Remco's fault,  not Lazydays.  NEVER buy a vehicle that has to have a drive-shaft disconnect unit. You risk being stuck like I have. Estelle got fed up with this RVing non lifestyle and is back in NM. :(

Dea and Mike?s update;
Good evening everybody.  Dea and I are headed to Quartzsite.  We are spending tonight in Las Cruces New Mexico.  We are changing our plans a little.  We are fortunate to have our 2 Granddaughters with us.  So we plan to head to Yuma first and let the granddaughters spend sometime with their Great Grandpa and Grandma.  We are planning to arrive at Quartzsite some time around Yuesday or Wednesday of next week. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom