EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up  (Read 68840 times)

ArdraF

• ---
Re: 2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
Tom S,

It appears you're defining the word "sponsor" in a very narrow financially-related way.  My Webster's first definition of the word "sponsor" says:  "A person or agency that undertakes certain responsibilities in connection with some other person or some group or activity; as in being a proponent, endorser, adviser, underwriter, surety, etc."  Taken in the broad sense, the RVForum endorses our rally activity and its responsibility is to allow us to talk about it on the RVForum.net.  In other words, the RVForum is a backer of our social activity.  In the early days of both FMCA and Escapees, they were loosely-formed groups of people who were all volunteers, just like us.  Now that they're so large, they have paid employees and member dues help underwrite their rallies, as well as the fees members pay to attend.

So, I definitely believe that the RVForum sponsors our rallies even though they are all done by volunteers.  Without the RVForum we would have to find some other place to advertise the fact that we're having a rally.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »
A bunch of people from the forum donating time, money and energy is very different from the Forum itself providing financial support. As far as I know the actual forum doesn't contribute a dime.

The "actual forum" is not a money making entity.  It is Tom Jones' contribution to the legacy of a wonderful communication entity begun by Ed Juge.  Contributions to the forum are welcomed, but you can bet your sweet bippy that Tom shoulders the bulk of the cost.  The forum rally in Quartzsite is, and has always been, a cooperative effort among forum members.  Thus, it is definitely an RV Forum Rally.

I wouldn't question Betty's choice of words if I were you.  Her forum credentials have been well earned and are solid gold.  P.S. -- don't go messin' with Ardra, either!

Margi

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:35:29 PM by Tom and Margi »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »
LOL Margi. Betty and Ardra are forces to reckon with, but I'd have same advice about 'messing with Margi'  ;D

But, you and I go back too far to be serious  ;)
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »
It's posted here as an RV Forum rally. We attended it the first time believing it to be an RV Forum rally. So in my mind, it's an RV Forum rally. Sorry Tom S but you can support an event without providing any sort of "financial" support. And we have, in many past Quartzsite rallies, imposed a tax and the extra money went to RVForum.net. As for posting the list of attendees here on RVForum.net, how hard can it be to cut and paste the list in this thread?

Wendy
home in Cortez
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Barb

• ---
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 08:56:30 AM »
Sooooooooo post what you like to do in
Q. Walking, Hiking, 4 Wheeling, Photography, the list can go on and on and on. Maybe if we get an idea of what most attendees are interested in, we can get some volunteers to help organize and lead activities.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:12:55 AM by Barb »
Barb
2003 NRV Tradewinds LTC
2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:44 AM »
I, and my Bippy, stand firmly behind, since I wouldn't want to be in front of, that Betty person, Ardra, Margi, Wendy and Mr Webster. To do anything else, would be to invite the wrath of that group and only one with a death wish would do that. So, you go girls--and man. I agree with everything you've said and the definition with which you've said it.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
Yes, those ladies are indeed formidable.  I try to stay on their good side, always :)
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
Sooooooooo post what you like to do in
Q. Walking, Hiking, 4 Wheeling, Photography, the list can go on and on and on. Maybe if we get an idea of what most attendees are interested in, we can get some volunteers to help organize and lead activities.

Thank you, Barb.

Not sure if it continued at the '11 rally as I was not able to attend, but at the '10 rally, I set up a 2 mile AM walk beginning and ending at the center point of the rally. The route allowed those that only wanted to walk for 1 mile to bale out and return without having to backtrack plus it passed one of the BLM toilet stops.

Members could walk at their own pace. Mine was fairly slow because I was only about a year or so into my replaced hips. Helaine moved at a very nice pace on her replaced knees, which was nice to see. A 15 minute walking mile will also give good cardio exercise, and a number of our members were doing that and better. My miles were at about 22 minutes. I do plan to set up the walk again at the '12 rally.

Also, was going to chat with TomS when he arrives and see what we can set up for a few photo learning sessions. One on basics would be nice, plus, for me, an Intro to Lightroom would be a nice session. Of course a field trip or two with some photographic principles in mind to bring back to share with the group would also be good. There are a number of excellent photographers here on the forum. So according to which ones may be attending, we could have some very nice sessions together.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:48:35 AM by Bob Buchanan »
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
Bob

There was a walk every morning at the Q11 RVForum Rally.

Some did "Cheat" by cutting the corner.<G>

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
Bob

There was a walk every morning at the Q11 RVForum Rally.

Some did "Cheat" by cutting the corner.<G>

Thanks, Terry -- that's good to hear. That "corner" is about a mile and a half into the walk, so if no one is looking, it can very tempting.  :)

Even though announced that it was by no means a race, some of our members were doing 12-13 minute miles each AM. Others like Ardra and Bruce from CO, were kind enough to keep me company bringing up the rear, at least for awhile, before going back to their normal pace.
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »
My dry erase board is ready to post the many events there will be at Quartzsite including:

Morning walk - been going on for at least 5 years, 10 am seems to be a popular time
4WD runs - some of you need new Arizona pin-stripping and Sunshine Beetle Bug has been raised and has nice, new big tires
Geocaching
Traditional potluck on Saturday, probably around 3 pm, after the group picture
Showers and social hour while waiting in line at the dump station
Breakfast at Sweet Darlene's, All-You-Can-Eat Shrimp at the Grubstake
SHOPPING, SHOPPING, SHOPPING

If the list gets too big, I can always pick up another dry erase board at the Dollar Store !

Wendy

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Looks to me like we're almost organized!  ;)

Explanation of Wendy's Shopping comment for those who have never been to Quartzsite:  It may be the world's biggest set of shopping stalls.  The only way to see it all is to organize it by area and do one day in the tent, one day at Tyson Wells, etc.  It's a great place to look for hard-find items like all sizes and styles of fuses or electrical connectors.

ArdraF
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:26:55 PM by ArdraF »
ArdraF
:D :D

fredethomas

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
I hope you "organizers" leave time for non-organized events.  It is great fun not to be on a schedule all the time.  Sit back - relax - chat and get to know each other.
FRED E. THOMAS

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2011, 03:50:27 PM »
Once we get the campfire ring rebuilt, that'll be a great place for folks to just hang out and visit, any time of the day or night. And there's always daily Happy Hour and evening campfires (where's that Fire Ring Coordinator we appointed last year??).

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Helaine & Wally

• ---
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
Boy!! I leave you guys alone for a minute and you run amuk,
Planning, scheduling. Listing Taking care of details.
You know that the Q rally is completely spontaneous. No rules... well there is rule number one and rule number two, and get your garbage out by ten and happy hour at four and shopping and fire tending and doggie pick up and the group picture and morning coffee and.. you know what? you gals just keep on planning. You are doing a great job and Wendy, you better get another board.
see you in Qz
Helaine
Helaine Hepworth
Timber Valley SKP Park

Bob Schultz

• ---
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »
    Bob, Add Laura and Bob Schultz to the list. This will be our second visit. Everyone made us feel like old timers last year. Had a great time looking forward to meeting you, and everyone else except Dave.   See you in Jan. Will probably be there for the whole Rally.    Bob and Laura Schultz

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
The Fire Ring Coordinator just doesn't check these message boards often enough. But knowing him as I do, I know that he'll be "fired" up and ready to do the job again when the time comes.

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 06:12:56 AM »
Bob:

Count us in. 

Sky, Sharon, and Smoky will be arriving around the 21st.  Reba, for the first time, will be watching from above after a good life of 21 years.  He will miss watching everyone from the front window, but now he has a bigger window to watch from !!

and Bob, we love the way you organize this forum so don;t change a thing!!

Smoky
Smoky S  Ham radio - W3PY

The magic of a campfire
where the fish get bigger
the mountains get higher
the hike was uphill both ways
and new friends become old friends

2005 KSDP3910 Newmar Kountry Star
Toad - Taurus wagon w/ axle lock
On our way to the Poudre River in Colorado for the summer!

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »
Just added Bob & Laura Schultz and Sharon, Smoky & Sky to the attendee list. That brings the total so far up to 17.

Check HERE to see the full list.

Note: If you want to add that link to your Favorites Bar, just select "Add to Favorites bar" from your Favorites Menu or under the Favorites Bar icon. You can then check the list status anytime while in your browser (see attached). As we get closer to the rally dates, I will sometimes be doing adds, changes, and/or deletes several times a day - so this will always give you the latest list as I know it to be.

Bob, glad to read you had a great time last January!! Those that organized and those that attended am sure enjoyed your comments. Am looking forward to meeting you and Laura. I only made it half way last time before having to return to NCal and hopefully will make the full distance this time.

Smoky, thank you for your comments -- and so sorry to read of Reba. Perhaps he has met my special friend, Little Dude, by now and they will be watching together.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:20:41 PM by Bob Buchanan »
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
Quote from: Smoky
.... Bob, we love the way you organize this forum...

News to me. I suspect that Smoky meant Bob's organization of the QZ rally, not "this forum", but we knew what he meant  ;)

For the record, "organization of this forum" involves a team of people working here daily year-round; Click the Hosts button above to see who they are and to read the backgrounds of these dedicated folks. Next time you see any of these folks in a campground or at a rally, consider saying a big 'thank you' for their commitment and dedication to the organization and smooth running of this forum.

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
Sorry Tom!  Yes I meant the QZ Rally.  But you and your staff also get wonderful kudos from us for this forum.

and Bob, I am sure Little dude and Reba will have front row seats in the nosebleed section!!   ;)

Smoky
Smoky S  Ham radio - W3PY

The magic of a campfire
where the fish get bigger
the mountains get higher
the hike was uphill both ways
and new friends become old friends

2005 KSDP3910 Newmar Kountry Star
Toad - Taurus wagon w/ axle lock
On our way to the Poudre River in Colorado for the summer!

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Smoky
Yes I meant the QZ Rally.

My understanding is that there are a number of other folks involved in the "organizing of the QZ rally". One shouldn't overlook the contributions of those folks  ;)

Edit: For clarification, the above came from one of Bob's prior messages.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:44:48 AM by Tom »

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 11:02:25 PM »
Sorry Tom!  Yes I meant the QZ Rally.

OOPS, it appears you still don't have it correct, Smoky.   :(

Try something like, "You take attendee names pretty good for some, but not others".  That may pass muster and not give me any underserved kudos, or detract from those deserved by others involved in the QZ rally's continuing success.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts, my friend . . .   :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:46:25 AM by Bob Buchanan »
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »
Bob,

Remove us as possibles as I am fairly sure we will not be traveling that soon.   Pat has had severe pain and other problems stemming from her neck.  Based on the Dr.’s comments today, I would expect surgery to be as soon after that as it an get scheduled.  There is damage to the spinal cord that may or may not be reversible.  No way to know for sometime after the surgery.  Pat will have a long recovery, she will be in a neck brace for about 4 to 6 weeks, no driving and much rest.  After she gets out of the brace there will be therapy etc.  Travel decisions will be made as we know how she is doing.

Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Bob Maxwell

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smile, and the world smiles with you . . .
    • The American Southwest
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »
Dear Jim, If you fly down to Yuma on US West/Airways, I'll drive down and pick you up and you and you can bunk on our couch. I'll even bring a sleeping bag. If after dark, the couch, dinette and the bathroom are in he same location as your coach ::) ;D

We will keep you both in our prayers,

I/we love you very much!
Adiós. . .

Bob †
and wife Betty Font 

. . . still ridin' for the brand.

1994 Suncruiser 34RQ, Cummins 5.9L/230 Allison 3060
'08 Kia Spectra5,
FMCA SKP

Holbrook AZ, west of the Petrified Forrest NP on I-40

Liza

• ---
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
Glad to have you back Bob!!  Ray and Liza will be attending.  We will arrive 1-22 and depart 2-1.

Bob Buchanan

• ---
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
Glad to have you back Bob!!  Ray and Liza will be attending.  We will arrive 1-22 and depart 2-1.

Thanks, Liza!! It will be nice seeing you and Ray again. Don't forget to pack all of those neat Canon Lenses and Chocolate Chip Cookie ingredients.  :)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

fastrak100

• ---
  • Snowbirds from Yorkshire, U.K.
    • Roadblog Fall 2011
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
Sally and Terry are planning to arrive 1/22, following the Blythe Blegrass Fest (is anyone else going?).
This is our first time at a Qu RV rally, so looking forward to it.
U.S.A.: Chevy 3500 Express Van: 31ft Starcraft
U.K.:    Ford Galaxy:           25ft Lunar Lexon EW

The U.S.A. is our Onboard Entertainment System
http://sallyterryroadblog.blogspot.com/
http:roadblog14.blogspot.com

DAN L

• ---
  • VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON AND KAPOLEI, HAWAII
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2011, 01:36:34 AM »
dan (DAN L) and cheryl loucks plan on arriving at qz jan 21, 2012. :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:56:03 PM by DAN L »
01 Winnebago 35U W20. member Good Sam, SKP. all fluids AMSOIL Syn. BANKS ecm prog. SCAN G. II w/Alli temp. 4 KONI fsd shocks. 2 LIFELINE gpl-6ct Batts on their sides. TST t.p. and temp mon. K&N panel air filter. PROG IND inline surge prot. silv star lights. STEHL dolly. dw CHERYL, 2 cat furkids.

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
Gary & Maria Brucker will be there.  Looking forward to seeing the friends we made last year.     
Valley Glen, CA
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:34:12 PM by garyb1st »
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Hosted by Over The Network