2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Ken.  You're doing a great job and whatever works easiest is what you should do.  Keeping track of the Moab rally attendees is hard enough!  Thank you for keeping it up as you do.

ArdraF

If it ain't broke .....  ;D  Even though we're no longer attending, I visit your website often during the season to keep tabs on all of you before, during and after Quartzsite.  Really appreciate the time and effort you spend on the Qz rally.

Margi

seilerbird said:
George - I don't think the RV Forum sponsors the rally ...

Sorry but no  Tom S, the Quartzsite Rally where the group stays and plays and gathers is indeed  VERY MUCH an RVForum event.  Many people donate time, money and energy into the planning and execution of the event.  Hundreds of thousands of folks  visit Quartzsite each winter but the event in reference here is an RVForum Rally.
Betty

[quote author=Ken & Sheila].... but if I knew how I would also set up a web page.[/quote]

Ken,

We could set you up with that capability on our server (training included). I'll talk to you via PM &/or email.

Randy and Debby Sherow of Tucson, AZ will be arriving on, or about, 1/22 and staying until the 29th, or so.

Betty Brewer said:
Sorry but no  Tom S, the Quartzsite Rally where the group stays and plays and gathers is indeed  VERY MUCH an RVForum event.  Many people donate time, money and energy into the planning and execution of the event.  Hundreds of thousands of folks  visit Quartzsite each winter but the event in reference here is an RVForum Rally.
Betty
Betty your reading skills are lacking. I did not say it wasn't a forum event, I said it wasn't sponsored by the forum.

Here is what I said "I don't think the RV Forum sponsors the rally..."

To sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person, or organization FINANCIALLY ...

A bunch of people from the forum donating time, money and energy is very different from the Forum itself providing financial support. As far as I know the actual forum doesn't contribute a dime.

Tom S,

It appears you're defining the word "sponsor" in a very narrow financially-related way.  My Webster's first definition of the word "sponsor" says:  "A person or agency that undertakes certain responsibilities in connection with some other person or some group or activity; as in being a proponent, endorser, adviser, underwriter, surety, etc."  Taken in the broad sense, the RVForum endorses our rally activity and its responsibility is to allow us to talk about it on the RVForum.net.  In other words, the RVForum is a backer of our social activity.  In the early days of both FMCA and Escapees, they were loosely-formed groups of people who were all volunteers, just like us.  Now that they're so large, they have paid employees and member dues help underwrite their rallies, as well as the fees members pay to attend.

So, I definitely believe that the RVForum sponsors our rallies even though they are all done by volunteers.  Without the RVForum we would have to find some other place to advertise the fact that we're having a rally.

ArdraF

seilerbird said:
A bunch of people from the forum donating time, money and energy is very different from the Forum itself providing financial support. As far as I know the actual forum doesn't contribute a dime.

The "actual forum" is not a money making entity.  It is Tom Jones' contribution to the legacy of a wonderful communication entity begun by Ed Juge.  Contributions to the forum are welcomed, but you can bet your sweet bippy that Tom shoulders the bulk of the cost.  The forum rally in Quartzsite is, and has always been, a cooperative effort among forum members.  Thus, it is definitely an RV Forum Rally.

I wouldn't question Betty's choice of words if I were you.  Her forum credentials have been well earned and are solid gold.  P.S. -- don't go messin' with Ardra, either!

Margi

LOL Margi. Betty and Ardra are forces to reckon with, but I'd have same advice about 'messing with Margi'  ;D

But, you and I go back too far to be serious  ;)

It's posted here as an RV Forum rally. We attended it the first time believing it to be an RV Forum rally. So in my mind, it's an RV Forum rally. Sorry Tom S but you can support an event without providing any sort of "financial" support. And we have, in many past Quartzsite rallies, imposed a tax and the extra money went to RVForum.net. As for posting the list of attendees here on RVForum.net, how hard can it be to cut and paste the list in this thread?

Wendy
home in Cortez

Sooooooooo post what you like to do in
Q. Walking, Hiking, 4 Wheeling, Photography, the list can go on and on and on. Maybe if we get an idea of what most attendees are interested in, we can get some volunteers to help organize and lead activities.

I, and my Bippy, stand firmly behind, since I wouldn't want to be in front of, that Betty person, Ardra, Margi, Wendy and Mr Webster. To do anything else, would be to invite the wrath of that group and only one with a death wish would do that. So, you go girls--and man. I agree with everything you've said and the definition with which you've said it.

Yes, those ladies are indeed formidable.  I try to stay on their good side, always :)

Barb said:
Sooooooooo post what you like to do in
Q. Walking, Hiking, 4 Wheeling, Photography, the list can go on and on and on. Maybe if we get an idea of what most attendees are interested in, we can get some volunteers to help organize and lead activities.

Thank you, Barb.

Not sure if it continued at the '11 rally as I was not able to attend, but at the '10 rally, I set up a 2 mile AM walk beginning and ending at the center point of the rally. The route allowed those that only wanted to walk for 1 mile to bale out and return without having to backtrack plus it passed one of the BLM toilet stops.

Members could walk at their own pace. Mine was fairly slow because I was only about a year or so into my replaced hips. Helaine moved at a very nice pace on her replaced knees, which was nice to see. A 15 minute walking mile will also give good cardio exercise, and a number of our members were doing that and better. My miles were at about 22 minutes. I do plan to set up the walk again at the '12 rally.

Also, was going to chat with TomS when he arrives and see what we can set up for a few photo learning sessions. One on basics would be nice, plus, for me, an Intro to Lightroom would be a nice session. Of course a field trip or two with some photographic principles in mind to bring back to share with the group would also be good. There are a number of excellent photographers here on the forum. So according to which ones may be attending, we could have some very nice sessions together.

Bob

There was a walk every morning at the Q11 RVForum Rally.

Some did "Cheat" by cutting the corner.<G>

Terry A. Brewer said:
Bob

There was a walk every morning at the Q11 RVForum Rally.

Some did "Cheat" by cutting the corner.<G>

Thanks, Terry -- that's good to hear. That "corner" is about a mile and a half into the walk, so if no one is looking, it can very tempting.  :)

Even though announced that it was by no means a race, some of our members were doing 12-13 minute miles each AM. Others like Ardra and Bruce from CO, were kind enough to keep me company bringing up the rear, at least for awhile, before going back to their normal pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom