2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have 21 rigs (some solo like Russ and me) so that's close to 40 members planning to attend the QUARTZSITE 2012 Rally in January.

If you haven't set up a quick link HERE is the latest version of the ATTENDEE LIST. It is always nice to read that members new to the rally will be attending, and those that were recently new - are coming back for more desert fun together.

We plan to be there.  Don't have arrival or departure dates yet.

Jeannine & Dan Wainwright

Bob, Laura and I are doing a cruise and wont be there till about Jan 24.or 25th. See you then. Bob S.

We plan on being there.  Probably be there before the rally, and will be there after the rally is over as well.

Paul&Ann

We would love to come, but just booked our return flights back into Phoenix from the UK a couple of weeks ago, for 29th Jan!  DOH!!  Maybe some folks will be staying on for a bit?

Dougie.

Hi Bob
We are Howard and Jo from B.C Canada Please add us to the list
Will be arriving about the 22 for a week or so..  By then we  hope to have recovered from the New Years Rally at Catalina  ( our first forum rally)  and should be rid of the excess TP that seems to be a requirement for that rally.
Looking forward to more fun with new friends.
Howard

Hello Howard and Jo. Looking forward to meeting you at Qtz. And don't believe anything those people at the New Year's rally tell you !
Wendy

Wendy,

If you feel the need to defend yourself, then you should come to the Catalina Rally!

btw, we only speak truths - - well maybe mixed with a little BS. bvg

Now I just need to get George V to attend to defend me (and to sing YMCA with Jerry F).

ken

Ken - It's always fun to talk about those who aren't present :)  I'd love to go to Catalina but we'll be on the beach, drinking pina coladas in the sunshine. Life is tough :)
Perhaps you could lead all the guys in a rousing rendition of YMCA at Quartzsite? How many RVers doing YMCA would you need to set a world's record? I'm sure Guiness would be interested :)
Wendy

Wendy,

I assume this will be in So. CA near Seal Beach???  Since Mike is now an Elk Lodge member, there are several that have RV parking, Garden Grove, Santa Ana for sure.  We usually stay at the Garden Grove one, 30 amp and water with a dump station.  When we were there in 2010, $15 per night or $10 per if you got a ????, CRS, membership for $25.  A good deal if you are staying for several weeks.  The restaurant at GG is very good, nice lunches and when they have evening meals they are also good.

We haven't stayed in Santa Ana for several years.  We used it when GG was full.

Thanks for the info, Jim. We're going to be staying in California state parks (Bolsa Chica, Crystal Cove, San Elijo). There's a REALLY good discount for disabled veterans, too good to pass up :)  But lunch at the GG lodge sounds good. I think Mike has plans on staying at a couple of lodges on the way southwest.
Wendy

Hi Bob,
We, Mike and Deanna Muir from Beach City Texas are planning to attend the rally...  We will arrive sometime around January 21st..
Have a great day,
Mike

Hey Bob,, please include Dan & Jan Brown (guests of utahclaimjumper) Cedar City, Ut. Thanks, >>>Dan  (About the 16th-17th)

Sitting here yesterday watching the snow fall and with the thermometer now hovering around 34 degrees, I started thinking about Hawai'i. Which made me think about having a luau. And where better to have a luau than the middle of the desert in the middle of winter. SO, one day's Happy Hour at Quartzsite will be a luau with pupus (yes, pupus). So start hunting for a grass skirt, practice your hula, dig out your aloha shirt, find some great pupu recipes and get ready to have fun and eat.

Aloha
Wendy

One of the members in our park is from Hawaii.  She throws pupu parties every once in a while!  ;D

Margi

Wendy said:
So start hunting for a grass skirt, practice your hula, dig out your aloha shirt, find some great pupu recipes and get ready to have fun and eat.
Aloha
Wendy
At 03:00am every morning our bad yorkies create  pupus from an unknown recipe and I have enough to do just keping the coyotes away from them in the desert. I sure hope no one sees me out in my grass skirt.
Dave

I was looking at the historical weather data, looks like upper 70s/80 are record highs for that time of year. Sounds like air conditioning is usually not needed. Correct me if I am mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom