2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Maxwell said:
It is entirely Flow-master-Remco's fault,  not Lazydays.  NEVER buy a vehicle that has to have a drive-shaft disconnect unit. You risk being stuck like I have. Estelle got fed up with this RVing non lifestyle and is back in NM. :(

Bob

It's a shame what can happen to a company. A number of years ago, the weekend before we were leaving for Moab, I went on a nite off-road ride with a bunch of tricked up Wranglers. I broke the collar on the disconnect (some of the Wranglers did a lot worse). Monday I was at the dealer, they called Remco and said they could put a collar together that afternoon and have it out the next morning. Wednesday it was at the dealer and I was on my way by noon. I don't think that would happen today with Flowmaster.

Bob,

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Tom S.,

Betty is right and interpreted your response as I did. The QZ rally is definitely an RV Forum rally and has been since day one!!! There is no need for any financial support but that doesn't change the validity of the rally.

An earlier post in this thread said people are heading up to Bouse to dump because the Pit Stop raised their prices.

There's a new, modern dump station in Blythe - three lanes wide at the municipal sewage plant about a mile south of town.  Take the 7th Ave exit (the one for Albertson's) and head south under the freeway to the first intersection, then turn east (right) and follow the road until you get to Broadway.  Or go down Hobsonway from Albertson's until you get to Broadway.  When you get to Broadway, go south for about a mile.  The dump station is on the right.

Cost is $7, hours are 6 AM - 2 PM Pacific Time.

They do not have potable water available there - go figure, there's water to flush out your hose but it's labeled Do Not Drink.  But good quality water is still available at the old Lovekin Ave. county park site.  Coming out of the dump station, turn right (south), then take the first road to the right (east) to Lovekin, then go north to the park, about a block south of the freeway.  There are 3 spigots on the grass side of the parking lot.

I only mention this as an alternative if the line at the dump station across the road gets too long.  Take the rig and combine this with a grocery run to the Albertson's.

Jim Dick said:
Betty is right and interpreted your response as I did. The QZ rally is definitely an RV Forum rally and has been since day one!!! There is no need for any financial support but that doesn't change the validity of the rally.
I did not say it was not an RV Forum rally. What I said is that it is not SPONSORED by the RV Forum. To sponsor something means to give it financial support. The RV Forum provides no financial support so therefore they do not sponsor the event. But it is still an RV Forum event. 

Terry says our Verizon is working fine for now, but if things go as last year , it will slow down to a crawl. 

Betty

Bill Buchanan - Bill

Looking less likely we will make it this year.  My catarac surgery is scheduled for this coming Wed (Jan 25).  If things go well I might be able to get out there for a day trip.  Time will be tight though because if we take the day trip we will be meeting our new boss for this summer's workamping in the big tent and buying lapidary equipment for our club back in El Mirage.  will try to swing by,  We love everyone there and miss all.  Been a sad year as we lost both our "children" Reba and Sky.

However we are looking forward to the coming summer with a new employer at the same campgrounds on the Poudre River in Colorado.

Smoky

Verizon was ok this morning on my iphone but then went to crap when we were in town in the afternoon. Same thing that's happened the last 3 days. Glad we still have our roof mount.

We just arrived in QZ this evening.  We will be in the area for at least a week but likely not the entire 10 days of the show.
If you would be interested in a seminar on satellite TV for your rally I could likely arrange that as well if there is enough interest.

I'd be interested in attending your seminar on satellite TV if you're still willing to give it.  I think there's several others in this group that would also be interested.  Are you planning on joining our group in your RV or just coming for the seminar?  Maybe you could attend one of our happy hours (starting at 4:00 - 4:30 PM daily) and talk about it.

seilerbird said:
Does the Quartzsite post office do General Deliveries?

As Wendy mentions, they do General Delivery but the line can be out the door, around the corner, and up the street - especially during the show weeks. I've used it in the fall or later spring when in Qz and it's not bad at all, but never during the show times.

For UPS or Fedex, I use Quiet Times, just East of 95 on Main Street. They charge $1.00 for packages under 50# and $2.50 for packages over 50#. They do not accept anything sent to them that passes through the post office. If such a package "is" sent, it is returned by the post office vs. delivering it to Quiet Times. So I am careful when ordering via Amazon or wherever to make sure it is not sent USPS. Otherwise I find it a great service and use it often when in Qz.

Does the Quartzsite post office do General Deliveries?

Yes, but it works out much better to send general delivery mail to Ehrenberg or Blythe.  Much shorter lines and you can drive to either of them and back twice in the length of time you'll stand in line at the QZ post office during show week.

Tom said:
Thanks Paul. Everyone looks cold (brr).

Looks like I should split this long topic to put rally arrivals/activities/updates into their own topic.

Good idea, Tom.

Can you move the coffee pic and last nites happy hour pic posts to the new topic?

Hopefully, I split/moved all the appropriate messages here.

Bob, your "Another great day on the desert" message seemed like an appropriate introduction to the new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom