New ShurFlo 3.0 GPM water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I just installed a new water pump that was supplied by Shurflo at the GNR last week.  All I can say is, WOW! The new pump is a 4008 RV By-Pass pump, and is standard in all new 2012 Winnebago's. 

The new design is a 4 chamber design than minimizes pump noise and eliminates surging, even at minimal water flow.  I had been using a standard 2.8 GPM pump with an accumulator tank to try to minimize the surging at low pressure.  But the pump still sounded like a diesel exhaust brake coming on each time the faucet was opened and was fairly audible. 

The new pump is 90% quieter, and delivers on it's promise of non surging.  I don't think that this pump is on the retail market yet, but it is well worth it when it finally is. The motor is from an industrial pump so it is more robust and about 20% larger than the 2.8 model. 

It is a big step forward in RV pump design, and much nicer to have on board.  Now the only problem I have is that I have a nearly new 2.8 gpm pump and accumulator tank I don't need.............. 

I've had the 4008 "Revolution" pump on my shopping list for awhile now, so it's good to see a positive first hand report. The pump is currently available from Amazon.com among others, for not much more than the 2088 sells for.

Thanks for the report Sarge.  My system is the same as your old one so it's good to hear.  I can't believe how I can barely hear my water pump when I'm outside the coach but it sounds like a 747 inside.  Another project for me!

Rick

That's a great price from Amazon. I tell ya it is totally worth it. The difference between the 2.8 and the 3.0 By-Pass is night and day. 

How does this pump compare with the ShurFlo 5.7 pump? Anyone have any personal experience?

Seems like it has the same pressure but lower flow rate. The full flow rate of the 5.7 is rarely used so it might be a comparable pump

Well I had the 5.7 for 4 years in my Meridian. The flow rate is comparable, the only thing missing is the failures of the 5.7.  Without the extra circuitry involved, the 3.0 promises to be a longer lasting pump. 

That is precisely why I was asking the question and I thought you might have had experience with the 5.7. when it DOES work.

Thanks Sarge I may have to get one as a backup when the 5.7 goes out again.

Well looking at the price on Amazon that was provided in the link above, it would be a steal.  $81 compared to the $150+ for the 5.7 that is wrought with failures.  I agree that changing out would be a great idea.

Like Sarge, we were fortunate enough to be given one by the Sureflo guys at the Winnie rally and I have to concur, much quieter and I would have no problem spending money on it. We actually stopped by their booth to ask them if there were any gimmicks to quieting down our existing one, he said yes there is, install this one, free of charge! Whoohoo! We installed at the rally (we are an impatient couple) and were extremely impressed. Although after a couple of days of quiet/constant pressure we did start surging but just an adjustment of a screw and we are back in business.

Dar, which screw did you adjust, and how much?  Mine started surging a bit.  I thought it was an adjustment, but I haven't looked yet....

SargeW said:
Dar, which screw did you adjust, and how much?  Mine started surging a bit.  I thought it was an adjustment, but I haven't looked yet....
Marty, we didn't actually do the adjustment yet, just know this from watching the Shurflo guy adjust while he had it hooked up. He was adjusting the center hex which stopped the surging. He adjusted while flowing and with very little adjustment. On the 2nd page of the installation instructions under operation it explains how to adjust the "switch screw" and "by-pass screw" and states only a pro should adjust this "by-pass screw" so I am presuming that is the corner screw (on picture) but can't find a diagram to indicate which is which.

Attachments

• ShurfloPumpAdj.jpg
    ShurfloPumpAdj.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom