LazyDays - Tucson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daisy

Just went to the Lazy Days website http://www.lazydaystucson.com and learned their service dept is up and running.  They are planning a Sept. 1 opening for the campground and sales to start that day also.  We have need for a campground there in Sept. so seems timing is good.  Hope it happens.  Check out what is happening and you can sign up for newsletters.

Daisy

Edit: Add .com to URL

Daisy,

When I was on their site a while back I clicked on the "Florizona" Tab. It is a form for 2 nights free camping at the RV Park. Fill in the form and they will email you a coupon for the free camping. Warning you are also signing up for their news letter, but I haven't been getting junk mail from them.

ken

The other day I chatted a bit with Bob Grady, the new General Manager of Lazydays Tucson. He says the response to the opening of the service center has been tremendous and they are also getting a lot of inquiries for the campground opening (Sept 1) as well. They are also working on some rallies - there is a big American Coach rally in the planning stages for next spring.

Bob also expects to have the sales lot open for business by Sept 1, but that is dependent on getting their DMV license from the state in time. The wheels of a gov't bureau turn at their own speed.  :p

I hear that rates at the campground are $800/month including electric from 9/1-12/31 and $960/month including electric from 1/1-3/31.

I hear that rates at the campground are $800/month including electric from 9/1-12/31 and $960/month including electric from 1/1-3/31.

We'll continue to go to Mission View at half the price and all the amenities.  It will be interesting to see how well the campground does.  Those rates are high even for AZ.

They won't get many seasons at those rates. It will be interesting to see what they set for daily rates.

Beaudry had discount programs for the fall that help them sell sites, but except for rally's I don't think they were ever full because their rates were too high. Its just not a great location.

No word yet on whether they will open the onsite restaurant. It was one of the few "draws" to the campground.

Ken & Sheila said:
Beaudry had discount programs for the fall that help them sell sites, but except for rally's I don't think they were ever full because their rates were too high. Its just not a great location.

If you like trains and planes 24/7, then the spot is great.  LOL.

Those kind of rates seem to be the norm in south Florida but are pretty high for AZ.

At those rates I would rather go and stay at Voyager, Mission View, or either Rincon East/West.  As mentioned, the ambiance of the area is NOT great at all. You do not want to drive late at night in that neighborhood!!

Mariekie

I had work done and it was disappointing. I had an appointment for Monday morning, but due to a lack of staff, they could not look at it until Tuesday. They had to order a part and as I was about to leave Friday afternoon, they informed me the problem was fixed, but I had another problem. I had to go, and doubt I will ever let them touch it again. The RV park is a big parking lot that they charge $50 a night, or $960 a month + elec.

Most of the guests were unfriendly and rather snobbish. There are so many other nice parks in Tucson that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom