2003 winne adventurer engine a/c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennaman

I have a 2003 Winne 35U.  It is the workhorse chassis with the GM 8.1l engine.  We bought it about 18 months ago, and we have it set up how we like it now, with one minor problem.  The engine a/c does not work when you go to max a/c.  Although I am not an a/c guy, I am very mechanical and would like to fix it myself.  (also a cheap skate, and at $142 an hour at the shop, I would like to give it a try)  First, where can I find a schematic of the system, and also a drawing that would list where all the parts are located.  I looked around the vaccum lines, to make sure I did not have a vaccum leak, that was not changing the vents like they should be, but without any drawings, I can only make a guess if they are working properly.  The system works on a/c, and blows cold, but when you go to max a/c, it is like turning off the system, the blower stops, and no more a/c.  I think going to max a/c, the big difference is that it no longer takes outside air, instead recirculates the inside air.  There is a vent that the vacuum line closes, which I think is shutting down the outside air, so it appears to work, but the fan shuts off.  I looked thru the Winnebago drawings,  but they do not have the drawings for the engine and its componets.  I also went to the library to find a Chilton's, but they did not have what I wanted.  Will I need to go to an auto parts store and buy a book on a truck that had that engine in it?  thanks for any help,  Phil

This may or not help but several weeks ago our fan quit on highspeed only and it was cused by a blown big 30a flat fuse located under the hood in a black box, drivers side of our 05 Winnie Voyage 33V.  The low and med fan speed worked as it is on a different circuit.  When I replaced it @ $3.75, it blew again.  The cause was a wire under the dash, pass side rubbing against metal framing.  Check the box I mentioned under the hood and see if it might be blown for some reason.

that is a good point, I know that when you go to max a/c, sometimes there is a higher speed the fan turns, maybe it is a fuse like you said, or there is usually a resistor pack that control the fan speed.  thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom