1999 Jamboree Slideout Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tk110

My Fleedwood Jamboree only has 13,000 miles on it and overall is in very good condition.
The main Slideout, however has been getting stuck lately and needs help getting in and out.
It has been lube sprayed but seems that the top right corner is rubbing against the opening.
Anyone else have similar problems with their slides?

There are many different types of slides and slide mechanisms. But since you say it is rubbing at the top right I would guess the it runs in and out on rollers. Some of these have height adjustments. If it has rollers there could be two or more (i have one slide with 5).

If I am right about the rollers and they are adjustable, you can use them to square the slide in the opening. Use the rollers at the ends to make the primary adjustment after moving the middle (if any) rollers to the lowest position. After the slide to square in the opening, then adjust the middle rollers so that that put just a little pressure on the slide bottom (or the floor, depend on whether they are floor mount or slide mounted). The goal is to have all the roller in the same plane.

Hope that makes sense.

ken

Back
Top Bottom