Winnebego/Itasca Basement Air Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GaDawgFan

I have a 2000 Itasca Horizon that I bought used several years ago. I am now questioning if my second air compressor is even working (or if it has ever worked since I have had the coach). When the gen is running or I am connected to 50 amp shore power, the light for both compressors lights up on the power management panel. When I set the thermostat to 5 or 6 degrees above the interior temp, I should be able to tell if the second gen kicks in by watching how many amps are be pulled on the management panel, nothing ever changes. I have checked the breakers for both units and neither is tripped. I have actually switched off both breakers and the AC shuts down regardless of which breaker I switch off. Another question I have is that concerning the louvered cover on the drivers side of the coach. Looking through the louver I see two fans that I assume are to pull air across the fins. I don't see that either of these fans ever come on. Am I correct that these are for the AC unit and if so are they for Compressor 1, Compressor 2, or both. I will add that even though they don't appear to ever run, the AC does cool the coach off of the main compressor. Can someone please help set me straight on all of this. Thanks in advance for the help and I am sorry for such a long post.

If the second compressor kicks in, you'll see the current draw change. The light on the EMS only indicates that the EMS isn't inhibiting operation. It is not an indicator that it is working. If the second compressor isn't working, you'll need to troubleshoot from the thermostat back.

There are others on this site that can help you with that better than me.

If the second compressor kicks in, you'll see the current draw change.
  True, but only when on 30a or generator. When on 50a there is no amp readout on the panel. Lights on on the EMS panel only indicates that power is available to the compressors, not that they are running or not. If a light is OUT, the EMS system has shut down power to that item.  The normal way to tell if both compressors are running is to read the amps: one compressor will use around 17 amps, after the second kicks in the panel will read around 24 amps ...but this is only visible on 30a or generator power.

The basement ac unit is on the PASSENGER side at the rear. The blowers are inside the unit/not visible from outside.

Through the louvered panel on the driver's side (mine is actually in the LP compartment in front of the LP tank) is the condenser for the DASH ac unit ...mine does have two fans on it. These would run only when you have the DASH ac unit running.

Back
Top Bottom