Intellitec electronic climate control master controller ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ss66chevelle

NEED HELP!!!!!!

Went out to my camper the other day and the furnace was on full blast.  I pulled the power on the ECC and it turned off.  Additionally, the ECC BOX "clicks" every so often and the a/c's seem to be shedding alot more than usual...... I suspect that the ECC PART NUMBER  000591-000 is bad. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Paul

2000 Fleetwood Bounder 34'

Sometimes they just go whacky. Try resetting it by removing all 12v power from the coach for a minute. The battery disconnect switch is probably the easy way to do that.

we have a fleetwood 2000 bounder / gas and are now full timing it...just started having the same problem with the heat coming on...anyone else out there have the same problems or suggestions? The control module now clicks all the time, and we had to shut off power to both heaters...

HELP!!!

I called fleetwood this morning... Although they are not "technicians"... The very knowlegable woman who answered the phone said that her entire office went to training on the various electrical systems on their motorhomes... Having said all that.... She recommended that I pull the board from the water heater and clean it with a pencil eraser.  She said that possibly there could be corrosion on there.  Hey it's worth a shot....  I'll keep everyone posted.....

Pull the board from the water heater ???

Are we talking about the Intellitec Electronic Climate Control pictured in this service manual?

http://intellitec.com/pdfs/SpecialPurpose/5300591.597.pdf
If so, it has nothing to do with water heaters and handles the a/c only.

As far as the furnace is concerned, the ECC is just a plain old thermostat. There is no load shed involved with the furnace - the thermostat function just signals a demand for heat when the temperature falls below the set temp. "Demand for heat" is just +12v on the wire to the furnace, so maybe something shorted to the wire and is causing the furnace to see a heat demand signal. I gather the ECC control panel was not set to the Heat position when this happened?  And was only one furnace involved or both?

Gary

Thanks for attempting to help me figure out this problem.  Yes thermostat unit is the one pictured in the manual.  The call for heat was random.  The selector could be off or on... It didn't matter.  And... I only have one furnace.    I pulled the thermostat apart yesterday. There was some surface rust on the boards. I gently cleaned it off with a wire brush and then sprayed some wd40 on the selector slides and worked them for a bit. I then blew everything clean with some compressed air and reassembled the thermostat.  It seems to be working fine as of now.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. What do you think....

Paul

I'm having the same problem on my 97 Discovery! The front furnace just comes on with the thermostat set to off. On a recent trip the furnace came on while the AC was running. I called Intellitec today and they informed me that the part is no longer available. The lady also gave me the number to a guy in Ohio who actually repairs the electronic climate controls. This guy say I need to send my unit to him and wait 4-6 weeks for a repair and then pay 225.00-325.00. Please help!

I'm having the same problem on my 97 Discovery! The front furnace just comes on with the thermostat set to off. On a recent trip the furnace came on while the AC was running. I called Intellitec today and they informed me that the part is no longer available. The lady also gave me the number to a guy in Ohio who actually repairs the electronic climate controls. This guy say I need to send my unit to him and wait 4-6 weeks for a repair and then pay 225.00-325.00. Please help!
The units are pretty much unbreakable just need to clean an re solder everything with a drop certain units where not manufactured by humans so they were approved but not as good of quality it's a few hr job but if you have the time it's worth it

Back
Top Bottom