Idaho Mini Rally 7-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
We have  the  good fortune of having George and Lucy  as our guests in Clark Fork Idaho.  Today we had a wonderful treat as Kim and Christi drove in from Montana to surprise us.  We did lots of Geek things with ipads, cameras, cell phones.  And oh yes we ate cherries and cheese and crackers.  Kim and Christi could not stay as there was something about Coldwater Creek in Sandpoint calling them.

We even have photos to prove our mini rally was a success.

Betty

Attachments

• Christi and Kim.JPG
    Christi and Kim.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 42
  • Lucy and George.JPG
    Lucy and George.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Lewis and Clark.JPG
    Lewis and Clark.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 40
What a treat this was to find "our people" out in the boonies - and such a beautiful setting...if we would have had good sense, we would have had the MH with us and just stayed until winter!

We have just completed our eleventh month of full timing, and it is truly an amazing experience to be welcomed by so many people in so many places so often.

FRamily is indeed "frabulous"!!

Kim & Christi

Betty,

Thank you for allowing us to do a drop in visit.  It was so fun seeing all of you and getting to have a "nerd attack" with Lucy!

You have a beautiful place and I, like Kim, could have stayed for the rest of the summer.

Enjoy your time there.

Christi

Today we had a wonderful day of touring Sandpoint. After lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Jalapenos,  Lucy and I set out shopping covering  Cabin Fever, Pend Oreille Winery, Cedar Creek Bridge and a variety of  shops along 1st street, while Terry and George sat on a bench watching the world go by.

We returned home for some serious sitting by the river and catching up on naps.  During our  nightly meal, George exclaims he sees a couple of deer in the river.  I can immediately see those are  two Moose swimming for their lives to cross the Clark Fork River with a  pretty good current going on. We all drop dinner and run out to the river with our cameras to catch this in action.  Both  moose got caught in current and decided to return to  the shore from which they came after a mighty swim over 1/2 way across.  George said they were calves maybe two years old.  George knows all.

I am so excited that I am exclaiming " Moose in the River, Moose in the river"  at the top of my lungs so that every neighbor within  ear shot can witness this  phenonomen of nature.  Lucy got the best shots with her  camera so I will share a few of them to prove my sightings. 
Now Kim and Christi, don't you wish you had stayed over?  This is not a very common experience looking  our window during dinner so we we very  lucky to have had such action.  We are most lucky to have the good friendship of George and Lucy too.

Wish you all could have been there.

Betty

Attachments

• IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3947.JPG
    IMG_3947.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1598.JPG
    DSCN1598.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN1601.JPG
    DSCN1601.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN1600.JPG
    DSCN1600.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 37
Wendy said:
The flowers look spectacular and the moose are kind of cute, too

Wendy,

The flowers are those wild  white daisies  that come up as weeds but look quite pretty and last all summer.  They are the main stay of my perreniel garden.  I'm still shaking with excitement to have seen those two moose in the wild. 
I did not catch a photo but two days ago a  mountain lion crossed my flower garden.  It is very rare to see one of them and I think he was searching for the  dogs in the neighborhood.  I  live in the boonies in the summer.  And it is finally warm. (80)

Betty

Lord love a duck!!! 

(I don't know exactly what that means but have heard it all my life when something great happens right before your eyes!)

What I would have given to see that moose!  (And to have been there with my beloved RVing friends!)

Margi

Betty Brewer said:
Now Kim and Christi, don't you wish you had stayed over? 

Well, ^$*#!  :'(

"moose river, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style, some day".....or was that moon river...I get confused often....

Just too cool for school! We would have stayed, even without the moose(s).

Loved the report and photos, especially the spot you selected for visitor portraits.

Back
Top Bottom