Upgrading suspension on 2011 Winnebago View?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was able to pay Glide-Rite with PayPal. Shipping by DHL Air was ?536.56, and the quote we got for shipping surface was quite a lot more! Note that their price to the US is cheaper than the price on the website, because you do not pay GST in foreign sales.

Chris Shaker

Jimmer said:
I'm thinking about buying the Glide-Rite for our Sprinter.  What did they charge you for shipping?  How is the conversion going on the Winnebago?  How was the ordering - could you use a credit card or did you have to wire the money.

It would seem to me that there is a lot more customized work for installation on a Winnebago. 

Thanks for your help,  Jim

The Glide-Rite system definitely cuts down on the low speed rocking. It makes the Winnebago View drive more like a car.

Chris Shaker

It's a lot of metal, shipped by air from England. The other choice for true air suspension for the rear axle is VB air, shipped from Holland. From what I'm told, their system is more expensive than Glide-Rite's. I am also told that you can order Sprinters equipped with the VB Air system in Europe from Mercedes.

I do not know of any American companies who have spent the money to engineer an actual air ride conversion for the Sprinter chassis. Supplementary air bags are not the same thing...

Chris Shaker

I have a 2011 view K and often when driving on the open roads or turning corners it sways.  I took it to a Sprinter dealership and they say this is normal. The Sprinter is a 2008 year model.  I've heard that there are ways to correct this swaying, but the mechanic told me the only way is putting airbags in the back.  Apparently the front shocks are the most strongest.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
MJB

It sounds like your mechanic is pretty much on. You could put stiffer springs in the rear which would cause the ride to deteriate or you could rig a sway bar in the rear possibly depending on the construction of the chassis. I would tend to lean towards air suspension in the rear as the answer rather than mechanical means. I believe there are several companies making rear suspension kits such as Kelvin.

MJB said:
I have a 2011 view K and often when driving on the open roads or turning corners it sways.  I took it to a Sprinter dealership and they say this is normal. The Sprinter is a 2008 year model.  I've heard that there are ways to correct this swaying, but the mechanic told me the only way is putting airbags in the back.  Apparently the front shocks are the most strongest.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
MJB

I merged this new post with the existing Upgrading Suspension thread started by Chris since they are the same topic.

MJB,

As mentioned in a previous post Bilstein shocks in the rear will improve the sway and cornering in your View. Give them a try before spending thousand of $$$ on air suspension systems.

You can also try the upgraded rear antisway bar from UpScaleAuto. Just had it and their adjustable heavy duty shocks added to the air ride rig. Made a big difference in cornering.

Chris Shaker

IslandGuy said:
MJB,

As mentioned in a previous post Bilstein shocks in the rear will improve the sway and cornering in your View. Give them a try before spending thousand of $$$ on air suspension systems.

Wondering how the Glide-Rite suspension has been working for the Winnebago Views.  I have a 2007 23J.  :)

Back
Top Bottom