If you use those shopper rewards cards----

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hah.  When at Safeway I use my cousin's wife's parent's phone number.  I don't like being tracked by computers and only care about getting the cheaper prices.  I don't know if Safeway in Canada actually has a rewards program of any kind.

I used TV names and addresses when I signed up for the cards.  My Safeway card is issued to John Banner (Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes) and Albertson's thinks I'm Fester Addams at 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Makes it easy to see where the spam and junk mail comes from.

I just ask for a card so I can get the discount prices.  They give me the card & the application & tell me to fill it out & return it later which I don't do. 

ceemike said:
I just ask for a card so I can get the discount prices.  They give me the card & the application & tell me to fill it out & return it later which I don't do. 

That's how we get most of our cards also especially when traveling and encountering a regional brand, ie Safeway in the west. I like the keyring app just because it enables me to scan the card and then chuck it.

Chet18013 said:
I like the keyring app just because it enables me to scan the card and then chuck it.

I'm gonna give the keyring app a try. I have so many shopper cards and I'm always forgetting to take the right one into the right store. But I always have my iphone with me !!

Wendy

Most of the shopper reward cards we use have our phone number, and we have never gotten a call from them. I'm carrying fewer and fewer cards and keyring tabs, and just keying in my phone number (I can remember that ;D )

BernieD said:
I'm carrying fewer and fewer cards and keyring tabs, and just keying in my phone number (I can remember that ;D )

I have a keychain with all the keyring cards we have. It's kind of fun to look at. But I hardly ever use the cards...like Bernie, I key in my phone number which I can usually remember :)  However, I did download the keyribng app and have had some fun today playing with it. Even used it today at the grocery store ... cashier had to use her hand scanner to scan the phone because it doesn't work on the flatbed scanners. Anyway, another toy.

Wendy

Unless you are looking to build points for gas rewards (Kroger) you don't need your own card. Most of the stores will happily enter a courtesy card for the discounts or if you are feeling ornery ask for the store phone number and type that in,LOL

I got tired of looking for the cards, so I fgot a credit card wallet large enough to hold all our cards, along with our GS, Golden age and KOA.  Clips onto the visor of the MH. Now I always know where they are.  When we are home it goes in the car.

For a hint to all of you new travelers out there, those courtesy cards are usually affiliated with several stores.  Our Fry's card (Kroger chain) can be used in numerous others such as QFC in Wash. State, Country Basket (?) and some others.  Look on the back of the card.  (Can't find mine now, I have a key chain with just the tabs and they don't have the other names.)  We've used it from the east coast to the west coast, just need to be affiliated with one or another BIG chain.

We have not been bothered by either mail or phone calls using our mailing address and home phone.  We do get in-store coupons on the back of the receipt though, but I get those at other stores whether I have a card or not.

Daisy

There are really only a handful of grocery store chains.

Kroger - Fry's, King Sooper's, City Market, Fred Meyer, Ralph's, Smiths

Safeway - also Von's, Pavilions

Albertson's - Grocery Warehouse

I used the KeyRing app a couple of times at our local grocery store (City Market/Krogers) and the checker who was my age had no idea what it was but got it to work with her hand scanner...she didn't seem impressed. The young kid who rang up my groceries the next time, thought it was "cool" and asked for the app name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom