HWH Leveling Jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi all, new here but not to the rv seen, iv got a hwh 610 on my 95 vectra,it is fussy,just put new motor on pump and one solianoid,at 400 plus,,now my rr jack is jamming,jack is sticking,took it off trying to free it up some how,called hwh , wow thay want 750 plus shipping for a new one , will not sell me just the cylinder,thats all i need,everything other then cylinder works just fine, so go with new from hwh il have a few hundred in extra parts form old one, dosent make much sence to me ,why hwh will not sell just cylinder idk,brass bushing in jack is bad, idk if jack can be repaired , hwh say no.just seems like a ripoff to me,,sell parts off old one on ebay ??????looking for used , wish me luck been looking for a few days with no luck,,, any help out there ? thanks all Don

thay are kickdown jacks reg profile,part number ap0980,,,,,cylinder jammin why ? think bass bushing,,,need to replace jack or can i fix it????

Find a shop that repairs hydraulic equipment, typically a farm equipment place or other if in a large city.  All those dump trucks etc. need repairs as well as farm equipment.    :)

Those kick-down jacks were notorious for that sort of problem. As Jim suggested, find a hydraulic repair shop. They can rebuild most any osrt of hydraulic ram, replace hoses, find alternate pumps, etc. Most hydraulic systems use components from independent suppliers of pumps and rams and the repair shops usually know where to go to get parts from the original source.

i took it off and beat the crap outta it, and put it back on .its working better but for how long , thanks everyone will check into a repair shop,,,herd of someone doin just that and had a bushing turned down ? to fix it ,, i cant see how to get the thing apart,,,,

Hello
I have one jack that will not retract i can get it to fold up with force but not completely retract. Does anyone know how i can nail down the problem so i don't buy a bunch of unneeded parts.
Thanks
Bob
HWH manual system

If you get under the coach and manually fold the jack down you will see a pin on the top of the solenoid you should be able to freely move it up and down with your fingers. Chances are that it is frozen.  to fix this I used a rock to hold the jack down so I had 2 hands to work with. Take a flat head screwdriver and a hammer and tap the head of the pin until it moves out. Once it is out you can spray it with wd40 or silicon. You may need to tap the piston back down and do it multiple times in order to free it up. That piston will come free if you are patient.

Busterbus and Ktl331,  were you able to fix your problem?  Was it a bad motor or fuse?

Thanks.

BusterBus said:
I have a 2002 Allegro Bus with HWH 610 Series computer controlled leveling system.  We arrived at our campsite and everything looked reasonably level and solid.  I put the jacks down, went outside and saw that the right rear jack had pushed down into some soft sand.  The jack was extended very far out and the right rear tires appeared slightly off the ground.  Quickly retracted the jacks (worked fine), moved the bus, filled the hole, put some blocks under the tires and the jacks.  Went to level again, pressed the ?hyd? button twice as usual, system dumped the air, but the jacks would not extend and the travel light stayed on.  Tried to manually extend but nothing would happen, system stayed in travel mode.  I did notice that when I pressed the hyd button I could hear a slight clicking noise coming from under the lower left dash area and there is a HWH box under there.  Any ideas on the problem and I know, I know, I should have checked the site better and placed blocks at least under the jacks.  Thanks again for any solutions.

Were you able to fix your issue ours is doing the same thing???

I ended up replacing the electric pump motor.  Did it myself and have not had any issues since.  I'd have someone stand in the rear near the motor and listen to see if it is running.  The fact that you had your jack extend further than normal may have caused a leak or air to get into the system.  You can check the hydraulic fluid levels as well to be sure you have enough.

I store my MH in a canvas shed.  I need to dump the air to open the door fully to clear a rail on the side of the tent.

I level the MH first and than I put out he slides as per instructions, than I have to manually level the coach due too the weight on the slides.

BusterBus
Did you ever get a solution to your leveling problem. I have the same problem and cant find out how to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom