How to remove a Suburban SF 35 blower motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boogie

Has anyone removed a Suburban SF35 furnace blower motor? If so, would you be able to tell me what i need to do to remove mine, as it is squeeling.
Thanks
Boogie

Probably the easiest way is to pull the furnace out of the mh and do it on a bench. To remove the inner parts you have to go through most of the steps it takes to remove the whole thing anyway. Mine is beneath one of our dinette benches, so I unscrewed the bench top to access the furnace. Unscrewed the plenum plate across the back and found two screws holding the housing down to the floor and unscrewed those. Disconnected the ducts on the side (the collars just turn and release). Went outside and unscrewed the vent cover (4 screws) and pulled it off. (You kind of have to pull with a rocking motion as the vent tubes are inside the furnace tubes. Once the cover was removed, another screw to the floor was taken out. I then disconnected the gas line on the left. Then disconnect the four wires. I wound up cutting the wires and putting connectors on them so if I have to take it out again it will be easier. Then the whole thing will pretty much slide right out the hole. They aren't very heavy, probably 20-30 pounds. Once it is out where you can look at it, it will be obvious how it comes apart...it's pretty basic.

Mine was exactly the way Dennis described with the exception of the 3rd floor screw and the wiring was already connected using wire nuts..... Mine was below the gas stove which had to be removed first to gain access.

Don't forget as step one to close the gas tank. I plugged the gas line with a blanking plug as I had to use the gas stove during the time the furnace was removed and it shared the same line.

I had an SF 35 issue requiring removal of the unit.  Besides the info provided above, I suggest changing the feed line, which was copper and scary.  Too much vibration - copper work hardens and cracks too easily.  I had a local plumber replace it with a propane hose 'zactly like the one in my BBQ, and added a few clamps. I can now remove the gem and replace it without wondering if it'll crack next month from the stress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom