Cleaning products for exterior of pop-up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgeisler

The top of my pop-up is stained from tree buds and leaves.  Is there a good product that will clean these types of stains?

Try the Simple Green plus some bleach, a fairly stiff brush and lots of elbow grease. I wouldn't expect much joy, though. They really are stains.

If it is a hard top, you may be able to polish them off to some degree with a car or boat polish intended to removing oxidation on fiberglass and paint.

If it's a fiberglass top, you could try this fiberglass stain remover sold at boat supply stores. I haven't used it for many years, but recall that it used to work quite well, and required thorough rinsing afterwards.

I know this probably sounds silly but when I had my pop up I always used Clorox Bathroom cleaner. (The one in the blue bottle) That cleaned the canvas better than anything I ever found. Buy a small dish scruber and use the soft side. Then wipe the rest off with a towel. My camper was well over 10 years old and it was always much cleaner than the newer ones. I often had people tell me what a nice, NEW camper I had.

Here is also a list of supplies that you'll need: https://cleaningbrite.com/commercial-cleaning-supplies-list/

Do it in the shade.  Whatever product you use (I vote Simple Green as well), spray and let sit for some time, work in, sit, work in, rinse. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom