Black water solution for a parked TT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rokeesrv

Hi, I'm new to the forum and planning on living full time (for about 2years) in a TT while I build a cabin/house. I will be parking/living on a vacant lot (not the one I will be building on), and not planning on moving/traveling with the TT-it will be permanent while I live there. I was wondering how I can dump the grey and black tanks-can I build a small leach field and buy a small macerator? Transport the tanks to a dump station on my pick up? Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions?...Logistically the last piece of the puzzle-hopefully!
Thanks in advance!

A leech field might be okay with the gray water, assuming no zoning restrictions or other regulations, and some sort of grease trap to keep from clogging it up.  However, it would not be appropriate and probably not legal to try to leech black water even if it were macerated.  It should properly handled such as a septic tank system or other legal and safe means of disposal.  If you were thinking of digging a leech field, why not go ahead and add a septic tank?  There are lots of cheap ways to build a septic tank - for example.  Just make sure you are legal.

Wow ;D! Thank you Molaker-great article. Exactly what I was looking for, but wasn't sure if it was possible. Sounds like this system might work.

rokeesrv said:
Wow ;D ! Thank you Molaker-great article. Exactly what I was looking for, but wasn't sure if it was possible. Sounds like this system might work.
Just remember, you should not leave the black water tank dump open.  Only open it to drain the tank when full.  Otherwise, you may find you have this wonderful little "pyramid" of hardened poop directly below the toilet that won't break down without dynamite.

It is fairly easy to build a small septic system (tank + leach field) if the local ordinances permit it. Usually, though, they have fairly stiff minimum requirements that don't recognize the minimal sewage needs of an isolated RV lot.

If you are having a home built, where will it's sewage go? Have the septic system constructed first and simply tie you rig into it. Or carry the waste from RV ro septic.  They make special totes for that - wheeled containers that are often called "Blue Boys" after the usual color of the tote. Here are some examples:
http://www.rvstuffusa.com/wastewater.html

Thank you for all the info, unfortunately the minimum septic tank size by code is 1000g...so the small leach field system won't work. Is it possible to remove (although heavy, I'm sure) the tank every 2weeks and take it to a dumping station? It will only be me in the trailer, living 3-4 days/week.
Thanks again for all the help & info info-I'm a new newbie (still shopping for trailers) and this forum has been wonderful!

A friend of mine had a situation like this and bought a 1000 gallon fiberglas water tank at Tractor Supply (or Farm & Fleet) and set it low enough that his pipe drained into it.  He used it for a long time and then had a truck come and pump it out.  In your case you could go for a very long time until it needed pumped.  The tank was pretty cheap where he got it.  Like a giant holding tank, I guess.

Thanks for the tip COMer...I was actually considering having someone come and pump out the black tank every few weeks, but would probably be costly-having a large tank might actually make it possible and worthwhile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom