Alabama Wal Mart Overnite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesolo

We are heading south thru Alabama and want to spend a night in Prattville or Montgomery, AL. Does anyone know if either Wal Mart in either city allows overnite parking? If so, any preference as to which one i.e. safety, convenience, etc. Thanks.

Joe

Joe:

Google Wal-Mart in those cities for a phone number and call ahead and ask. It saves a lot of hassle while on the road.

I would not spend the night in Montgomery's Walmart even if I could. Not safe IMHO. Prattville might be OK though.

There is a brand new Flying J on I-65 south of Montgomery just before you get to Greenville, Alabama.  Also at Greenville, there is a new Super Walmart.  Cracker Barrel at the same exit.  I agree, you should not consider staying in Montgomery, not safe.

Have a fun trip.

With Flying-J if you do not already have a RV card see the fuel desk and get one, You get a discount on all gas, and as you make purchases of food and other stuff, they keep a total and next month your discount may well get bigger.. I got 2.5 cents per gallon off in Feburary after heading from Detroit to Las-vegas on the flying-J play (I stayed most nights on the drive at flying-j's. used a regular campground once I got to Vegas)

THey also sell LP (again a discount applies) and most have dump & fill (sewer/water) stations

That is the upside

The downside is some of the worst parking lot layouts (from a traffic flow viewpoint) though I never had a serious problem getting out of the pump island.. There was more than one case where it took a bit of skill to get out w/o damage

Hi Joe:

The new Flying J is at exit 158 I think, on I-65.  That is just before Greenville.  The super WalMart at Greenville will be the next exit south and is hard to find.  Take the exit and immediately get in the left turn lane at the red-light (Very short distance to the light).  Turn left and then left at the first street which will become the frontage road.  This street doesn't look like one you would normally turn into.  The space at Walmart is very limited. 

We are in Foley, just 11 miles north of the Gulf if we can be of any help if you are heading this way.

Rex

Last December we stopped in Montgomery and got advice to leave ASAP the premises by the Wal-Mart security....

Back
Top Bottom