Would Timbrens help me out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm at 90% of GVWR with truck camper, water, gray tank, gear, people in my F350. Heard about Timbrens and wondered if I need them? Or are they for guys nearing 100% of of their GVWR?

Timbrens might help you control sway or stiffen up the suspension but no matter what you add, you will not increase the load carrying capacity as rated by the manufacturer. There are other factors such as brakes, frame, wheels, tires and other suspension parts to name a few.

Yes, go for the Timbrens.  You might consider leaving most of the water at home and filling up when you get to your destination.  Water is heavy and expensive to haul in gas mileage.
We use a Brita water filter on our kitchen sink faucet to avoid problems with drinking water.  Have not had a problem with it so far.  We carry about 10 gallons of water just to have enough for radiator problems or overnights forced by breakdowns.

Full Monte,

This seems to be the only way I can reply to your personal message even though it has nothing to do with this topic. Please email me (now enabled) about the RV books. Thanks. Dave

Full Monte said:
You might consider leaving most of the water at home and filling up when you get to your destination.  Water is heavy and expensive to haul in gas mileage.
Not really.  The incremental fuel mileage by an extra 1000 pounds is a pretty small factor compared to wind resistance.   

Uh, will somebody explain to me what Timbrens are. I might need them too  ;D.

I'm new to TC. I have owned three towables and now have an '02 Lance 1130. This is a totally new concept to RVing. I now go looking for "out of the way" places to camp. Which challenges your skill and survival in a totally different way. No water, no shore power, no sewer, no cable, no neighbors slamming doors at 7am, no problem.

Rough'n it very smoothly,
                                                                                                                                    Carolinacamper

Timbren is a brand name, some of what they make are dense neoprene bumpers to replace the bumpers for the overload springs.    Google thm.  They make them for all set ups.

Timbrens are just a less expensive, no adjustable version of Firestone or any other brand air bags.

The air bags help suspension, the timbrens help limit travel and stiffen it a bit more.  I had air bags and I have had timbrens.  I look at the timbrens to be the first upgrade, then the bags.  I wouldn't skkip the first step.  Mine were about $70 /pr, took 5 minutes to install. 

Thanks Bill,

Now I get a better picture of what they are. They replace the stock "bed to axle" bumpers next to the I air bag system I Installed myself so I'm guessing this would be a job I could handle too. I'll google them and find them for my 3500 Ram. Sound like it's well worth the $70 or so.

8) carolina camper 8)

Back
Top Bottom