A/C air flow not coming through 2 vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BOB BEAR

I have a 2005 Aspect 24ft.  I've only had it for 1 year & just noticed that there is no air flow through the vent in the bathroom & the vent closest to the bathroom on the other side of the door. I tried electric heat,  & the a/c heat pump & no flow.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

b.b.

You should get yourself a cheap laser thermometer and take their temperature.  There may be air flow but you just might not be able to feel it.  It might not be coming out with much force due to duct routing, etc and it diffuses quickly. 

Thanks to all for the possible answers..

1. when you says furnance are you meaning heat ?  Because I tried running the heat as well.

2. when you say return ducts, how would I know if these are?  I do have the large grill with the fiber filter in place on the ceiling not sure if this is the return or not.

3. you cannot see anthing inside except white styrofoam

4. I put my face & hand to the feel nothing, but I guess you never know.

The large grill with the foam filter is likely to be the return air, so scratch that one. And yes, furnace would mean heat. Seeing nothing but white foam almost sounds like the ductwork is incomplete. Maybe with a flashlight and small mirror, one from a ladies compact would work, look as far as you can into the ductwork for some sort of blockage.

So are the vents removable?  You could take one off and have a better view of the ducting.

I would give Winnebago Owner Relations a call and run this situation by them.

I removed the vent covers, size of your palm, & stuck a small vacuume tube through the two with no flow & the tube went through cleanly as it connected from one vent to the other.

Yes my other vents work, I probably can live with it, it cool inside, the only area that isn't cooled is the bathroom. I did call Winnebago & they only would say the entire unit, heat pump etc.. would have to be removed from the roof. Don't know if it's woth the expense.

Thanks

Have you tried closing all the other vents? Thinking being there might just be too many vents for the amount of airflow. Could deal with the low airflow next...

Just thought of one more thing...

If you have basement air (you didn't say), there is a possibility you have a split "Y" in your rear cap.  the "Y" divides the basement air output and sends it to the right line of ducts and the left line of ducts.

Winnebago had a problem with the rotocast plastic "Y"s splitting back in '04 and '05.

Do you have one or more air conditioning pods on the roof (roof air) or are the air conditioner's working parts in the basement (basement air)?  Follow the noise if you're not sure.  ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom