Rear Air Not working when generator is on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windy

Dear All,

I am new to this forum, and my friend has a 2003 Winnebago Suncruiser with the Ford 35U F53 chassis.  He is leaving on a trip in about a week, and when he has the generator running, the back air will not come on.  It does work on shore power, but when he shuts it off while on shore power and the front air still running, he cannot restart the rear air.  Has anyone encountered this problem and if so any advice would  be helpful. I do know there is a 30-50 amp power management system in his coach and wondering if it could be the switch?  Thanks!

Windy

More likely a breaker on the generator has tripped.  There should be two - a 30A and 20A and the 20A breaker feeds the rear a/c directly form the generator. Resetting the 20A breaker should solve the problem - unless it trips again right away.

It probably is just a breaker (on the generator), but something doesn't quite add up. A 2003 Suncruiser would have basement air, no "front" or "rear". Maybe it's a Sunrise? Or a bit older?

Dear John and Gary,

Thanks for the information, I will find out what model and year and get back with you.  I own a 34' Windsong by Forest River with workhorse chassis and Allison transmission, just tyring to help out a fellow RV'r.  Thanks Again.

Chris Carbone
2002 Windsong

Dear John and Gary,

Thanks for your help see the reply from my buddy below!

Chris

Well Chris, both of these guys were right on the money. Looks like the 20 amp curcuit breaker on the onan 5500 generator was the problem. I reset it and fired the generator up put both air conditioners on and they both worked!!!! A big THANKS!!!! you saved me a service call and hundreds of dollars!!!! For the future so you have it on record my coach is a:

Winnebago Sunrise
36 feet long
Ford Trition V10 motor
Onan 5500 silent generator

Anthony

For the future so you have it on record my coach is a:

If you put your coach information in your forum signature, it will be available any time you have a question.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom