RSS Readers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

Is there a Forefox RSS plug in?  Where is it found?

Is Pluck the preferred RSS reader for IE?

What has been your experience with RSS feeds?

Steve,

The FF RSS plugin is Sage, but some will say it's not a "real" RSS reader. There are numerous ones out there, including commercial products and open source.

I've looked at a lot of RSS readers and FeedDemon is by far the best.  Not free, but worth the price (~$40 I believe).

Thunderbird will also handle RSS feeds if you like all your feeds (email, RSS, usenet) in one place.

Steve,

FeedDemon is a standalone application.

I agree with Ned that it's a nice app, but there are some nice freebie ones out there.

RSS has nothing to do with a browser, it's a completely different protocol.  As Tom says, FeedDemon is a standalone app specifically for RSS, while the browser addins and Thunderbird feature are OK, but they don't have the power of a dedicated application.  There are some free RSS readers but none with the power and flexibility of FeedDemon and I've looked at quite a few.  For the casual RSS user, either Sage for FF or Thunderbird will be sufficient.  I review dozens of RSS feeds daily so I need the power of a dedicated program.

Steve said:
Is there a Forefox RSS plug in?  Where is it found?

Is Pluck the preferred RSS reader for IE?

What has been your experience with RSS feeds?

You get the RSS extension or plug in for firefox by going to TOOLS (top drop down menu ) and choosing extensions or plugins by the way.. Same as you do with all Firefox extensions and plug ins

Works as designed, however I'm not pleased with it for my use and don't use it,,, though I have it  There are a few of them  I need to remember to check the RSS feeds btw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom