2001 dodge 3500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsevans

I have a 3500 dodge dually auto 80000 miles . I think when i start moving it is in 2nd gear i put it in first gear and get going about 25 mph and then put it into secound gear and it does not shift until i put into drive.I had trans serviced about 500 mile ago they said everthing was fine.When i was towing trailer up small hill was up to 2200rpm and not moving is this right ??? the fifth wheel weight is 12500# please help.                                          THANKS TONY

Do me a favor pull the error codes using a OBDII code reader and report back the error codes. Yeah I know there is a key trick too but sometimes it doesn't work with 2001 model trucks.

Actually on the Dodge Cummins its called a APPS Sensor... (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor).

But actually I think for the OP problem its going to maybe the trans relay in the PDC (Power Distribution Center) but thats a wild guess... Error codes will be more helpful in finding the problem.

Oh TPS stands for throttle.      An uncle had one of his go in his relatively new truck halfway between Toronto and Winnipeg in the middle of nowhere north of Lake Superior somewhere.    He had to wait quite a few hours for one to be delivered to the repair guy.  And the nearest repair guy was probably a few hours drive away too.

Back
Top Bottom