MCD SHADES and NEW TILE FLOORS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrrjar1

We are planning to update our 1994 Monaco Dynasty....Really like the idea of the MCD day/night shades but worried that when both are up, the windows in the living room/kitchen will look bare....like a home without curtains!  We now have complete bordered windows....should I recover the top valance, and down the sides?    Also, many have spoke of Allure flooring.  It was suggested that we go with "TARKET" non-grout 14" tiles.  Any suggestions on either the shades or flooring....Help!

I had Allure tile installed last year, and I love it.  One of our day/night shades bit the dust.  I went to Lowes and they have these great cut to fit Levelore shades that are totally room darkening.  They are very reasonable and we left our side and top valances in place and just put these in place of the old ones.  The best I can describe them is they are kind of accordion like, the front I got in a toffee shade the back is just a taupe colour, in between the layers is insulating material, it's shiny, like aluminum.  They really do darken a room totally.  If you want more info on the shades I will find out the exact name from Lowes.

Our new MH has the top and side valances with the MCD shades.  I think if you do not have the side valances and had the windows open you could get a lot of movement out of the shades if you had them down.  Really like the MCD shades.  Sorry I can't help with the flooring question.

The top and side valences provide a lot of privacy and keep the very bright pole lights in some RV parks from shining in  at night. My wife re-covered ours everywhere except in the bedroom.

We installed three MCD American Duo shades in the living room and liked them so much we went to the factory in McKinney TX and had them installed in the rest of the motor home including motorized ones on the windshield. We used 1/4 inch oak to make valences for the windshield and cabin side windows.

We had the solar (day) material installed in the screen door for privacy in the daytime.

Also had a night shade installed over the sink with a solar material panel that velcros to the window frame so it can be removed easily for washing.

Besides providing daytime privacy the solar shades cut down a lot on heat from the sun.

Back
Top Bottom