Fiberglass covering of front windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StillinID

Evening all,

On our older TT, there is a fiberglass cover over the front windows. It used to have a Prowler sticker on it but that is long gone and it has turned yellow with age. It does seem intact however. How do I spruce that up? What can I cover it with to make it look better?

Thank you,
StillinID

you can go to a vynel shop and they can put any design you want on the covers. mine wasnt over priced

If you want the origional design, a sign shop can make it for you if you can't get it from the manufacturer. I was in a sign shop the other day and they were making decals for an antique outboard. Sure looked nice to me.

Hi,

We do not need the original design/logo on it, we simply want to spruce it up. I guess I can try some light sandpaper I am simply not sure how thick it is at this point. Hate to weaken it. That will not solve the yellowing issue but might at least remove some of the scuff marks and dirt that has become stuck to the fiberglass fibers over the years.

IF the fibers are not showing thru just sand and paint it with a good auto paint, even a spray can would be fine. If the fibers are showing thru you need to prep and gel coat it. Pretty much the same as painting just different material and different equipment to apply it.

As an update:

I took a very fine sanding block to the cover yesterday and wow what a difference. It was obvious that the top layer had been eaten away over time and that a layer of fiberglass fibers were on top catching every bit of dirt it could. Fifteen minutes with the sanding block and it looks wonderful!
Not sure that it is actually required given the nice surface now but I will look at re-coating it just for longevity sake.

Back
Top Bottom