2005 Starcraft Tahiti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

openingshok

Any thoughts?  I looked at one this weekend and it looked solid, with a great floor plan and options but I'm not seeing much online as far as reviews.

As this is the only TT we have bought in the USA we cannot compare it to other, however we have a Starcraft Aruba TT, but the construction looks very similar to the Tahiti, with the GPR walls and aluminum frame. It should stay solid for a long time.
We have had ours for 5 seasons now and have towed it more than 20k, we have been very happy with it.
We like the white cabinetry, also the layout, though it will be very different to yours, we find it suits our needs very nicely.
It is definitely not a four season trailer.
Problems:
We find that the bathroom gray water tank is small and will only last for a couple of days before it needs emptying (only 25 galls I think). The fifth wheeler may be bigger, so you could check that.
Also not altogether sure about the axle alignment as one of the tires wears very quickly (may be something to watch out for)
You don't say which year the tahiti is.
The electrics are somewhat quirky. You have to manage your appliances as The unit cannot cope with Microwave, 1500W hotplate and the kettle all working at the same time.
Although I suppose trying to run an electric water heater at the same time may have something to do with that.
Check that the upholstry is in good condition as it is a very loose weave, we had all the upholstry changed (on warranty) as it was coming apart at the seams.
There is a website which gives specs and details of  TT and 5th Wh. http://www.arubarv.com/
which may give you some good info.
Hope that helps

Went back and picked it up today.  Pulls great, and everything seems to be working well.  The fridge is having issues, but I think it will be an easy fix.  Seems like a solid TT.  Thanks for the input!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom