Kansas City Thunderstorms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrotherBill

Seems like we've been hit with a whole slew of them lately. This last week , I've been rebuilding a couple of computers that fell victim to a severe thunderstorm. Thank goodness for backups and spare parts.

So Saturday morning, we get up to what at first appeared to be no more than a few large branches snapped out of the tree in front. No big deal. Then we got to looking a little closer. We had one large brance wedged between the work truck and a small retaining wall, with another lying across the top of the truck. The one on top just didn't look right for some reason, so we looked even closer.

The branches had snapped from the top of a Sweet Gum Tree, or whatever you call them, just off to the side of the drive. It hit the top edge of the fiberglass roof with enough force and at just the right angle to impale the truck. Left about three foot of the branch protruding into the inside. Glad that we weren.t working at the time, I might have had to clean my britches.

There is a brighter side to this though. The truck was parked right next to the motorhome and we plan to leave for a west coast vacation in less than two weeks. Had the branch chose to pick on the motorhome instead, it might have put a damper on our planned vacation. And at least this way, we'll have two weeks with which to leave the truck with a body shop. Funny how some things work out.

Attachments

• PICT1749.JPG
    PICT1749.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT1751.JPG
    PICT1751.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT1752.JPG
    PICT1752.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT1754.JPG
    PICT1754.JPG