Anyone need a conspiracy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobNSam

I have just had a pleasant drive through the fine state of Mississippi, which I started out by stopping at the Visitor Center on I20 shortly after leaving Alabama.
While I was there I decided that I would log on to their wifi to save some data time, relax, check on the news etc. So I selected their wifi connection by clicking on my www.foxnews.com app on my phone. I was immediately redirected to the Cisco website which I had to acknowledge (not abnormal) and was rerouted to the Mississippi website. All not bad so far.
From this website I attempted to go on the the foxnews site but got redirected to the Mississippi website! Well! :eek:
I selected the app to go to www.cnn.com and lo and behold; it worked fine. :(
I selected the app to go to www.msnbc.com and lo and behold; it worked fine. :(
I tried several other websites successfully but could never get to foxnews :mad: ! Foxnews was not available until I was out of range of the visitor center wifi signal.
Now this is taking the left wing preemption of the media way to far! ::)
Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?
Bob
I am sure it is not a conspiracy, merely some kind of technical fluke ::)

Fox news speculation circuits was probably overloaded after the earthquake in DC.

You will find a large percentage of R's following names in Mississippi politics, so I doubt it is a left wing conspiracy. I also doubt a technical "fluke", I expect there are a large number of site that are censored at that location and you just happened to notice one of your fav's.

Wizard46 said:
Fox news speculation circuits was probably overloaded after the earthquake in DC.

The earthquake was actually in Virgina and it had an effect all the way up through DC. In fact I'm based out of PA and I felt the quake this afternoon, I originally thought it was something going on outside. It was only when I saw it come up on the news headlines that I realized it was a tremor! I'm willing to bet that this is why they had that odd issue earlier today too.

It may have happened that Faux news is blocked by the host (State).. I mean considering the positions they take (Very politicial) if I were going to block a news site,, they would be clearly be on the list of sites I might wish to block.

Depending, of course, on MY political position.

It may also be that they have ticked off someone important with their faulty coverage.. I know they ticked me off, more than once. (But then so have ABC and NBC, about the only one that has not personally ticked me off is CBS.. Yet, Give them time.. By personal ticked off I mean I was part of the story they mis-reported)

take a turn to the right...might get a stronger signal...or, maybe Murdoch is tapping your phone and causing interference...or, maybe it is sun spot censorship... oh well.

Well, no real support for a conspiracy theory, no technical reason, so I guess I will have to jump up in the air while clicking my heels three times and twirling rapidly to the right to get foxnews (you do have to be fair and balanced to perform the maneuver). But I will only have to do this in Mississippi.
The good news is that today we are back in Texas and can get foxnews with no difficulty ;)
Bob

bobsharon said:
Well, no real support for a conspiracy theory, no technical reason, so I guess I will have to jump up in the air while clicking my heels three times and twirling rapidly to the right to get foxnews (you do have to be fair and balanced to perform the maneuver). But I will only have to do this in Mississippi.
The good news is that today we are back in Texas and can get foxnews with no difficulty ;)
Bob

what a relief!

I used to use Internet Explorer.  While watching Fox News I kept losing signal.  I switched to Firefox and haven't had any problems since.  None.  Coincidence??

taoshum said:
take a turn to the right...might get a stronger signal...or, maybe Murdoch is tapping your phone and causing interference...or, maybe it is sun spot censorship... oh well.

You know, UPS has determined that it's safer and more efficient if the delivery trucks avoid left hand turns and only make right ones. Coincidence? You decide! :)

mrschwarz said:
You know, UPS has determined that it's safer and more efficient if the delivery trucks avoid left hand turns and only make right ones. Coincidence? You decide! :)

No coincidence. It may be safer but takes a lot longer to get to where you want to go with more effort, and you may be facing in the wrong direction when you get there. You decide :)

It takes 3 right turns to go in the same direction as 1 left turn - coincidence?

Back
Top Bottom