Transmission dip stick missing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mxdad777

I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a Cummins 400 hp engine and an Allison 6 speed transmission.  I went out today to do my pre-trip ritual (check tire pressure, oil level, washer fluid, etc) and when I removed the red transmission cap there was no dip stick.  Now I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure there used to be one attached to the back side of the cap just like on the yellow engine oil cap.  I did a little google search and found where you check the transmission fluid via the control panel.  (I learned something new)  I did the check and it reads OK.  So now I know my fluid is at the correct level, I'm still concerned about the missing dip stick.  Was there one on the cap and it fell off someway, and if that's the case, could it damage or cause problems with the transmission?  Or did Monaco remove the transmission dip stick to keep people from taking false readings?  Anybody have a Monaco with no dip stick on the tranny?  Thanks in advance for any input.

the MD3000 series trans (which I'm assuming you most likely have) has 2 ports in the main case (one on each side) to install a dipstick tube into. you may have 2 dipstick tubes.  one is the long fill tube and the other one will be a short tube (top of it will be at the top of the trans main case) that has a short dipstick.  you will have to crawl under your coach to check  ::)    I don't know why but a lot of the holiday ramblers/Monaco's have the access to the dipstick tube in a ridiculously awkward area.  sometimes in order to access the tube I have to open the rear slide out or lift the bed in order to fill the trans with fluid and check the fluid and not get trans oil spills on anything inside the coach.  if you happen to have only one tube and the stick actually did break off of the cap then you don't need to worry about the stick causing trans damage. it won't damage the trans.  you will have to remove the broken stick if you intend to get a new replacement stick though.

hello allisonman need to know can i switch a allison ecu from one f-750 to another so it will go from a 5 speed to a 6 speed??  i have several f-750  all cat powered all allison  all same spec gvw  i had too replace a totaled unit a couple years back purchased one off lot it was a 5 speed  dealer promised they could get changed  ford will not give my allison dealer the ok  well 5 years later still 5 speed so the totaled unit has a 6 speed i was told that all units are built as 6 speed but are programmed per there order vocation at time of assembly  so do i have any options  thanks Bobby 540-771-4263

I think AllisonMan has been away for some time now. There was some reports that he appeared on a different RV forum.

Hello Allisonman! I have some questions for you. I'm very new to this website, I'm not sure if I can message you directly or not? Or if your still active...

As stated, allisonman hasn't been here for some time (2011), so he's unlikely to see your message.

Oil is leaking from under the transmission selector valve in neutral and in gear, it is foam a bit. I realized it may be the gasket, however, please give me an idea of other possible causes should it continue to leak after I replace the gaskets. 

Back
Top Bottom