RVing in winter/early spring without re-winterizing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, if Ron can have imaginary snow allergies, I'd think any kind of allergy meds would work, even plain aspirin.  :D

LOL Wendy, maybe a pair of thermals might work better.

On a serious note, if there's snow on the roof, it might not be a good time to work up there. I'd probably slide or fall off. I'm even wondering if I'll go up on my roof to set up the dish when it's raining.

Just checked the weather stats for Moab for May and the record snow fall for the month is ZERO. You should be safe. Record rain is 1.75 (was that last year???) but since it's a DRY rain, you should be safe on the roof. Do you think the motorhome would fit under the roof in the pavilion so you guys don't get wet???  :D

Don't need snow in Moab with the cottonwoods in bloom :)

Ned said:
Don't need snow in Moab with the cottonwoods in bloom

Wendy just might get her photo after all! BTW Wendy, you do know I don't like heights, right?

Smoky said:
Dang!? I wish we were going to Moab this year!?

I think there's still one or two spots left in the campground. It's only a 12-hour drive from Phoenix. There's lots of places to go trucking in the backcountry where dogs can run free. AND the campground has a fenced in pond where it's ok for dogs to swim.....Sam says it's great and he thinks Sky would love it.

You're a full-timer....what else have you got to go? Come see Moab.

Smoky,

NO, I don't have the icemaker so don't have the line.  That line is a source of a lot of problems, not just freezing.  To keep it from freezing and to keep the refer working in the extreme cold, put a light bulb or 2 there too.  If the coils get too cold the refer will not cool.

The other problem with the line is age, it gets brittle and cracks, leaks and makes a mess!!  If you change it use a metal braid covered flexible line or a solid copper one.

Ron:

We would be at Moab, but we miss our grandchildren.  Spring always takes us to them.  But count on us for the next QZ!  Even if I have to give up the 50 ampo circuit for the next forum newbie.  I will be glad to help you set it up for them!

Jim, I forgot to mention what a cool idea on the remote temperature sensors!

I kind of wish I did not have an ice maker in my rig.

1: It only works on 120 volts and I don't have an inverter line to run the ice maker (yet)

2: It did freeze up on me WHILE WE WERE CAMPING in Salt Lake,  Mel of a hess as they say Niagra Falls effect

Took me till Oakalama City to find a replacement for the part that froze up

John:

Definitely get that inverter!  We love ours, and between the genset, propane, and inverter, we have learned how to boondock.  The sense of independence a well equipped motorhome gives us is awesome.  I never dreamed how "free" a person could feel by being able to live in comfort without having all kinds of umbilical cords hooked up.  This is a big part of RVing!

Back
Top Bottom