Ladder for Dodge 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

don_p

Hi, we are looking to install a ladder for our 2001 Coach House, which is essentially Dodge RAM B3500 van.  We like one that is chrome like shinny and looks good.

Found the one below which is stainless steel (though not chrome)
http://www.jcwhitney.com/stainless-steel-van-ladders/p2018378.jcwx?filterid=j1&_requestid=4694332

My biggest concern is that it attaches to the "door" itself.  And I am wary of putting too much weight on the doors as  hinges are weak on these vans as you'd recall, and I'm thinking with just a couple of climbs up the ladder, the door would be stooping down. 

Any ideas?

I think you would be better off getting a portable ladder and strapping and locking it to the top when not in use.  That is of course being able to reach it when it is up there.  Having a portable ladder opens up the world of getting stuff out of trees, plugging in that elec cord that somebody took out the light bulb and put in a elec plug that is on the rest room at the peak of the roof.  And don't forget you will look more like a construction truck instead of a RV if you want to stealth camp overnight.  And you can "come the rescue" when the cat is up in the tree :)

path said:
I think you would be better off getting a portable ladder and strapping and locking it to the top when not in use.  That is of course being able to reach it when it is up there.  Having a portable ladder opens up the world of getting stuff out of trees, plugging in that elec cord that somebody took out the light bulb and put in a elec plug that is on the rest room at the peak of the roof.  And don't forget you will look more like a construction truck instead of a RV if you want to stealth camp overnight.  And you can "come the rescue" when the cat is up in the tree :)

great idea of stealth camping though the height of camper would not let you get access the ladder let alone tie'ing it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom