from the u.k

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayhutchins

hello im jay and from the u.k.will be coming to the states in june ,and wanted to know if i can buy and insure a r.v.we will be starting in arizona and have 4 months on the road in the states.
if its not possible to buy and insure a r.v can you tell me of a good rental company.
i have a relation in the states,if that will help with the address needed for the insurance.
hope someone can help me and my wife have a great trip around the states .many thanks  jay   

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum. We have a number of folks here who have come to the U.S. from the UK or Europe, purchased an RV, and travelled the country. One question you might ask yourself is what you'd be doing with the RV at the end of four months. Selling one at the end of your trip might take a little time, although several Brits have done just that.

Keep checking in here and we might be able to get you more detailed information. e.g. Ian Hall, another Brit who recently came to the U.S., bought an RV, and is currently travelling the country just joined the forum. Hopefully I an will see your post and jump in with some first hand advice.

BTW where in the UK are you?

Jay

I almost forgot ..... click here to view the experiences of another British couple who did what you're planning to do. Hope this helps.

Hi Jay
It sure is possible because that is what i have just done.Although i got a lot of info from the link Tom has supplied there is a lot that has changed.I will be more than happy to help with any questions you have.I bought new to import back to the UK in june when our 6 months are up

Ian and Doreen

Hi Ian

Glad you found our new location.

Any chance you could drop me a note with some of the changes to the info provided by the Garners? ALternatively, if you want to copy that info and do a markup, that will be fine also. I'd just like to be giving folks the latest information.

Thanks, and don't forget to let us all know what your travel plans are. Maybe you'll be able to link up with various forum members along the way.

Hi Tom
i will have to read through the Garners link and will make a note of the changes.
Currently we are at the thousand trails site Orlando.I got to find a site from saturday to tuesday then its back to Lazydays
for some quick repairs (warranty) 2 nights at the rally park then we are going to start heading north towards Georgia.We are shipping the motorhome
from Jacksonville the end of June so will stay on the east side of the states.I might add that although we were se on a Monaco Diplomat
the Fleetwood Revolution has been gret so far and in the 6 weeks we have had it there has only been a couple of minor problems sorted by myself
over the phone and one sort of self induced (less said about that the better)!!!!!!! Anyway so far its been fantastic and the other RVers have been so helpfull
the only problem being June will be here too soon
Ian and Doreen

Ian

Glad to hear things are working out well and that you're living and enjoying your dream.

June gives you plenty of time to wander west somewhat. Heck, in that time we travelled 10,000 miles across the U.S. and into the maritime provinces of eastern Canada on our maiden voyage in the new coach. Click here to read our trip report. Remember, even if you find yourself suddenly short of time, you can make it from coast to coast comfortably in a week. But, of course, you have plenty of other opportunities to visit other areas of the U.S.

Some time we're going to have to get your trips synchronized with various forum rallies so you can meet other forum members. The nearest and closest rally for you is the Southest mini rally being organized by Gary and Nancy Brincks. Click here for details.

Anything and everything you can add or change to the Garners' experience would be very much appreciated, at your convenience of course.

Do I dare mention rugby? Wales won the Grand Slam for the first time in 27 years, and the boys from Twickers fell from the wonderful run of outstanding rugby they've had for many years.

I dont really follow rugby or football but i know Cornwall went mad
when Trelawney`s Army went up there

jayhutchins said:
hello im jay and from the u.k.will be coming to the states in june ,and wanted to know if i can buy and insure a r.v.we will be starting in arizona and have 4 months on the road in the states.
if its not possible to buy and insure a r.v can you tell me of a good rental company.
i have a relation in the states,if that will help with the address needed for the insurance.
hope someone can help me and my wife have a great trip around the states .many thanks? ?jay? ? ?

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please feel free to enter any of the discussions, ask questions, or start a discussion of your own.  We have a wealth of experience here.  We also have members that have traveled from the UK to travel in the US just as you have indicated you will be doing.  Hope you enjoy the forum and get answers to your questions.

Ian H said:
Hi Jay
It sure is possible because that is what i have just done.Although i got a lot of info from the link Tom has supplied there is a lot that has changed.I will be more than happy to help with any questions you have.I bought new to import back to the UK in june when our 6 months are up

Ian and Doreen

Hi Ian, 

Glad you found us in our new digs. Welome to our new home,  How is your dream adventure going.  Hope you are enjoying travel in the US.  Please post updates on your adventures.

jayhutchins said:
hope someone can help me and my wife have a great trip around the states .many thanks? ?jay? ? ?

Good rental company?  Try either Cruise America or El Monte Rents.  I have seen a lot of units from either, and have found few complaints.  Both seem to deal with foreign customers a lot and they should have all the info you will need.

Buying a US RV for a 4 month's tour my give you a heavy hit for initial depreciation.  If you intend to keep the vehicle for years, storing in the US or shipping it back from the UK, that is another matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom