Hour meter on generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

W7NW

On my 2004 Meridian there is a "B" flashing to the far left of the hours on the hour meter.  I have looked all over for what that means and can find no reference.  I just had the generator serviced about 10 hours ago.  I assume it is some kind of service reminder but the Itasca owner's manual and the generator operator's manual do not mention it.  I went to the ventline site (brand of hour meter) and can find no info there.  I know you guys will have an answer.  Thanks in advance.

Wow....I was just wondering the same thing as I was doing my monthly run-in with the genny.  I sat down with the owners manual and couldn't find a thing...thanks guys, had me stumped too. :eek:

I was sure it was an "8" and it meant that the generator was on it's last legs.  Funny thing is, I hadn't noticed prior to the total genset engine overhaul and main control board replacement last year about this time. (Fortunately mostly paid for by the dealer!)

Einie
~around Oregon

OMG.  I just posted this same question about the flashing hour glass.  I also thought it was an '8' .  What a relief.  Like most people I read my manuals when a question comes up and not before.  I was sitting there at my storage center, running the engine and generator, as my RV is hibernating for the Winter  To kill time, I was reading everything there was about the generator in the Operator Manual and saw a recommendation to check the oil in the generator.  Being neurotic and paranoid, right away I thought the '8' was a fault code telling me I had just burned up my generator by running it without any oil in it. 

The manuals were pretty poor in covering this area of operation.  It reminded me of why I only read them as a last resort. 

Bruce in Delaware
Winnebago 'Mini Winnie' 31K

Hi Bruce, glad to hear you didn't burn up your genny. Welcome to the site! Where in Delaware are you? I'm in Lower Slower.

From slower lower Delaware so bare with me. The generator on my RV (Thor 30.2) will start as long as i am holding the switch "on", however, once i let go, the generator shuts down.  There is an "empty" looking hour glass on the hour meter but i do not know what this means, any help???

david5126 said:
From slower lower Delaware so bare with me. The generator on my RV (Thor 30.2) will start as long as i am holding the switch "on", however, once i let go, the generator shuts down.  There is an "empty" looking hour glass on the hour meter but i do not know what this means, any help???

You should start your own thread with this issue. You may get better coverage because someone reading the title of this thread may not even take the time to read it.

The start button overrides the internal auto-shutdown circuits, which typically are for things like low oil pressure.When you release the starter switch, the genset control circuits sut down if they detect a problem. If it's an Onan, the light on the switch flashes a diagnostic code.

What make & model of genset do you have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenLantern33
Back
Top Bottom