8 miles. 1st trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddandcheri

Ok so it is only 8 miles from home...LOL... But our first outing with the used motor home from Christmas vacation. Alright its a little better then that. We are at Searsport Shores in, you guessed it Searsport Maine for hurricane weekend. You can see Sophie in the pic she just got back from a swim. The crockpot is going with pulled pork for supper. CHERI should be here in a bit poor gal had to work. Awwwww. Steve at the office showed me how the poop dumper worked and filled my propane. I'm my book that makes him a hell of a guy!!! Ok more later think i need a nap

Ok can't load from photo bucket for some reason.

Ok dinner was great and the camp fire was nice. You have to buy your wood at the camp ground. $6 a bundle. The state has this requirement aorta the CG take full advantage of this. You can bring in dimensional lumber.... but all the wood in bundles at the stores is from Canada. Go figure. I slept great in the over head CHERI slept in the back single bunk and Kimber above that. All went well. Breakfast of bacon and eggs and showers at the CG showers. They are clean as are the bathrooms. The camper bathroom works great but if i have a real bathroom near by use that one first!!!! Tonight the CG is having a hurricane party at the beach so we decided to pay for another night and my daughter her husband and my 2yo granddaughter are coming down to stay so we will try out the "sleep six" idea. LOL. The 3 of us with the dog was on the line of comfy. Oh well it will be fun if we don't blow away. I'm just worried about driving this home Sunday in 40 mph winds. I will just take it slow.  It is only 8 miles. More updates later.

It sounds like the maiden voyage is going well.  Keep it up.

Driving home in 40mph wind wouldn't be advised, even considering it is just 8 miles.  That is a lot of wind blowing at a big target/sail. 

The hurricane party consisted of a bonfire that the tide was overtling and wasnt any doughboys. Bit there were very nice people there. The few that were left in the CG anyway. My granddaughter was a lil fussy last night and 6 in a camper that is supposed to sleep 6 is WAYYYY to many... lol. We left early ahead of the storm this morning. It was fun and we are talking about next weekend or the one after that already.

It's amazing how those units that sleep 6 or 8 really don't. Unless they were built by the Keebler elves. We've got a 35' Dutch Star that we took to a family reunion for it's maiden voyage. It's got a queen size bed and a fold down couch, but I've got a big family. We made sure everyone knew that it was limited to two adults and three dogs.

Brother Bill said:
It's amazing how those units that sleep 6 or 8 really don't. Unless they were built by the Keebler elves. We've got a 35' Dutch Star that we took to a family reunion for it's maiden voyage. It's got a queen size bed and a fold down couch, but I've got a big family. We made sure everyone knew that it was limited to two adults and three dogs.

Just like with my 4 person tent that with a single twin size air mattress half the space was used up.  To be honest they do count children in their figures.  (Must be small children too)

Back
Top Bottom