It's a boy, it's a girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Gabby, our cockapoo, is in a breeding program. A few months ago she had us and the breeder convinced she was pregnant, but the veterinarian wasn't fooled.

More recently she was bred with the same dog from the same breeder, and became very pregnant. The last few nights she's hopped on our bed and woken us up in the wee hours while she was panting hard, one of various pre-labor symptoms. We were glad she woke us up, and were able to help calm her.

Today she gave birth to four healthy pups.

Attached are pictures as Gabby came into our lives, with Tucker, her stud, and with her four new-borns.

Gabby is being a very good Mom to her pups.

Edit: BTW she had 3 boys and a girl.

Attachments

• Gabby1.jpg
    Gabby1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Gabby2.jpg
    Gabby2.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Gabby_Tucker.jpg
    Gabby_Tucker.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Litter1.jpg
    Litter1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Litter2.jpg
    Litter2.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 68
Thanks Robert and Ned. I was in Robert's house when she gave birth to the first pup, but Chris couldn't get through to any of our phones, and called the breeder, who drove up as I crossed the street.

4 puppies - that's gonna be a handful. Really cute, though.

We just survived (barely) our new pet's kitten-hood.  The shelter warned us that "older people" (who? us?) sometimes have difficulty with the antics of kittens and mildly suggested we might want an older cat. But we would not have missed that time for the world!

Have fun and enjoy your new family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gary. All the pups are spoken for (i.e. the breeder has customers standing in line).

The breeder announced the new arrivals (quietly) on her web site:

http://www.darbyparkdoodles.com/

They're on the 'Upcoming litters' page.

It was fun to see everyone's reaction as each pup was born and weighed. The lightest was 6oz and the heaviest was 9oz; The latter is quite a bruiser.

[quote author=mike eddleman]Isn't being a grand pa fun.[/quote]

Aye Mike. We have (human) grandkids ranging in age from 2 to mid 30's, but this was our first experience with pet breeding.

[quote author=jim and di]How long do you keep the pups?[/quote]

My understanding is around 6 weeks Jim. Don't know if some get weened sooner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom