Sway Control Installation Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gottasmilealot

I see sway controls for right or left side installation.  Which is preferred for a single sway control installation?  I just switched from a small motorhome to a trailer.  I don't recall sway controls being around years ago when I had my last trailer, but people seem to swear by them, so having one seems to be a worthwhile investment for safety.

I'm not sure if there's a recommended side but my brother-in-law only has one and it's on the right/passenger side of the tongue. It came with the trailer when he bought it used.

The ones I have now can go either side.  Just grab one one pop into hole till it clicks.  The other trailer I had was differant.  Their was a left side and a right side.  So be sure what you have, even thought I don't think you can put them on backwards with our being obviously wrong. And I'm talking about "equalization" bars for the hitch, that help you from swaying and equal out the load for the towing unit.  Not those the little "anti-sway" bar that hook up with a tiny hitch ball.  Big difference between the two. Used "anti-sway" bar one time, boy did I get another wallet relieving session. Maybe some people like them but I don't.

Back
Top Bottom