New toilet for 1994 Winnebago Brave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micd111

I thought I'd post our toilet replacement result in case it might save someone some time in selecting their own replacement toilet. It was particularly hard to find a model that fit because we have a carpeted riser behind the toilet. In addition we wanted to install a shut-off valve to the toilet which was hard to do because we had to use a low profile toilet (ours is on a riser) and then there was the additional riser right behind the toilet. It was a very tight fit originally with no access to the water connection without removing the toilet from the floor. We selected a Sealand Traveler toilet because the water connection is behind the foot pedal, not at the back of the toilet which gave us access to it. Check out my blog post if you would like more details.

http://1994brave29rqrv.blogspot.com/2011/08/our-new-toilet-dometic-sealand-traveler.html

If anyone knows of a super flexible tubing suitable for RVs that we can use instead of the pex tubing please let me know as it may make it easier for us to put a straight in shut off valve. Also our water supply line is at it's limit in bringing it over for the turn-off valve and I'm wondering if it is bent somewhere causing the water flow to be restricted.

Thanks!
Michelle

If anyone knows of a super flexible tubing suitable for RVs that we can use instead of the pex tubing please let me know as it may make it easier for us to put a straight in shut off valve.

I used high pressure, reinforced plastic tubing for a replacement water line on our Traveler.  Any hardware store will have it.

Thanks Ned,

In thinking it over I think we will leave it as is. The new toilet has a much larger bowl so that is likely why it appears to us that the water pressure is reduced. Also the Thetford Aqua Magic IV had a superior flush design. It shot the water out of the rim parallel to the bowl rim so that it swirled in a whirlpool like fashion to the bottom. Kept it nice and clean so I never had to clean it myself. The new Sealander has holes all along the rim but the water goes straight down so it doesn't really build up any speed like it did with our old toilet.

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom