Working while full time RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Say a person chooses to work part time while being a full time RVer, and if I were to work at several different places in different states during the year. does one have to file taxes for each state worked in or ?

In most states that have state income tax like Montana the answer is yes.  You are also suppose to include any gain to the Feds too even if allyou receive is a place to park.  Many probably don't but they are suppose to according to the Tax folks.

My wife is a travel Rn and she works in multiple cities during one year. When we file our taxes we just gather up all of our W-2 forms and the Accountant at H&R block figures it all out. Of course we have all of our W-2s mailed back to our permanet home address first and then have family mail them to us. As far as state taxes goes H&R block will send out for your state tax refund.

Of course if you have a permanent address in a place like Florida where you don't have state taxes then you get the state taxes back from places like CA, AZ etc.

Nearly every state that has a personal income tax requires that income tax be paid on earnings within that state. So if you work in CA or AZ, you are supposed to file a CA or AZ tax return and then pay tax on that income. You then get a credit for that tax paid against your home state's income tax. Since FL has no state income tax, I don't know how you would get a credit back for taxes paid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom