Rubber roof replacement, what did it cost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frederick

Has anyone replaced a rubber roof covering lately on their
class A?  What did the repair facility charge?  :eek:

Thank you.

We reroofed our RV a few years ago ourselves.  A local RV dealer quoted us $100/ft plus materials.  Look at the link below for more details.

I'm in the middle of getting prices now. I have a 26 foot class a the prices I'm are between 4600.00- 5000.00. Insurance company is coming out today and look at. It was damaged from the hurricane in CT.

Hi
I was wondering if anyone has delt with there  insurance company when there roof has been damaged from a storm?  Not sure what to expect . Also what are the chances of a lot of hidden damaged in the walls once the old roof is removed. Never had water leak in the RV but do not know if it was leaking the foam and walls nd not coming thru until 6'' of rain and wind. I do have rubber missing and bubbling haping now.

The going rate seems to be $125-$175 per linear foot, depending on local labor rates.  It's not difficult, but there is a lot of labor, which is why a DIY solution is good if you are at all handy.

An RV rubber roof has a useful lifetime, so your insurance company may want to pro-rate the damages. They might figure the life of the roof to be as short as 10 years (what the manufacturer warrants the material for), even though most people get 15+ years from them with normal maintenance.

I just got an estimate last week at a local shop.  Now this was a ballpark, sight unseen estimate, based on my description.  I was told approximately $3500 for my 34' Hurricane.  I will be doing it myself.  I feel that my problem is at the seam where the front cap meets the roof.  My roof actuall looks to be in decent shape, but is 14 years old.  I am going to put some eternabond tape over the seam for the time being and get a few trips in before the show starts.  Then I will pull it in and redo the roof. 

Last time I did it was on a 34 ft Four Winds. Insurance covered it and the total included dry rotted wood replacement. $3500.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom