Picked up a Palomino Banshee B-3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveandMari

After going back on forth we finally settled on picking the Banshee as our first RV/pop-up trailer. We really snagged it because of the front cargo deck to hold our dirt bikes. I take delivery next thursday and going to try and head out on Friday for the weekend with the family. Really looking forward to.

It had been hard packing all the camping gear, then all the dirtbike gear and staying comfortable all at the sametime, plus this helps extend our camping season when the nights get cool here in Colorado.

One thing I am a little confused is about the tongue weight. It's listed at 350lbs. My hitch is a 5000lb hitch and from what I read you take 10% of that to sustain tongue weight. Well if I'm already at 350, add 2 propane tanks and batteries, wouldn't I already be over the 500? Then with the dirtbikes you're adding another...600 or so. The sales manager mention I'd have to get a stabilizer to help even out the weight to reduce the load on the tongue itself.  Is all that correct? Just want to make sure I understand everything correctly.

Either way, we're excited as a family to get this and look forward to making some great memories

Now for the photos
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/Rascus/Dirt%20riding/IMAG0403.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/Rascus/Dirt%20riding/IMAG0402.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/Rascus/Dirt%20riding/IMAG0401.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0401.jpg
    IMAG0401.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 29
your best bet is to weigh it right now before you do anything. Do put the bottles and battery on, since you will always have those. Drive the tow rig onto the scales and get an empty weight (no trailer hooked on), then pull on there with the trailer hooked up. Pull forward till only the trailer tires are on the scale.
call these weights 1,2,3.
Subtract 1 from 2 and you have tongue weight. add that number to 3 for trailer weight.
Now you know how much you can put inside and on that deck.

Hello,
I am new to this forum and looking to purchase a Banshee BSV-1. It is a 2012 and the problem is we live in Washington state and I have searched every RV dealer in the state and nobody carries them. I have an RV guy who can special order one for us, but hubby is reluctant to buy sight unseen. We need off road and he wants to be sure it has good clearance so we don't scrape anything on the bottom. We did go into a new Palimino tent trailer that was not off road version and we really liked it. I can't seem to find many reviews on them either, but it appears they have been making the Banshee since at least 2010. So do you like your Banshee and have you had any major problems with it. I really want to order one so trying to get the husband to agree. Thanks for any information that anyone has on this line.

I saw some of the high clearance pop ups at the Puyallup RV show last weekend. I don't remember what brand but you should be able to ask around the Puget Sound dealers and get pointed the right direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom