Best Route From So. Boston Mass - port St. Lucie Fla ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2PUPs

What is the best and easiest rt from Boston Mass to PSL Fla . We want to avoid rt 95 until we get to south of Wash. DC . Any help with a good Route appreciated . We will post pics of the journey once we get to port St. Lucie , along with rt details , such as road conditions , construction , etc . Thanks

Jeff , Jeannie , Breeze , Misty

I used to take the Mass Pike -I90- to I84 to Scranton PA area. Then a short way on I380 to I84 south. There are several ways to cut back back to I95 south of DC. My normal route used to be to take I66 east to US 17 to I95 (on this route I used the I295 bypass of Richmond), but you can also take I64 to the west bypass in Richmond (RT 288).

At Hartford CT I usually took rt 15 to I91 south to I691 back to I84 west to bypass Hartford.

Have a great trip.

One caution on I-84 coming from Mass, to Scranton PA - it is the road from hell!!! We did that route 2 weeks ago and thought it was the worst road we have been on, since we left Tucson in December of 2010; even worse than I-10 in Louisiana. Lots of traffic snarls in CT. The closer you get to Scranton, it seems as if the road and bridges are just falling apart.

Mariekie

One option is to get off I84 at Newburgh in NY and go south on I87 to I287 ti I80west to I81 south...... I've run this route but prefer the first.

I also tried I 684 south to I287
and
I91 south from Hartford to I95 to I287. This route wasn't too bad if you can avoid rush. But if rush hour has expanded there like it has in Chicago and LA that's 14 hours a day.

Back
Top Bottom