2000 Adventurer V 10 Buying Checklist 33k miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmikerudd

I have put together a check list that I will be using when I travel to inspect a 2000 Adventurer with the V 10 and 2000 f53  I would like some input and suggestions on other specific areas you can recommend.
1. Cruse Control Recall 07V-336  Switch on Master Cylinder
2. NORCO  Refer Recall Number:  01V091004, Build Years/Makes/Models:  1999 - 2000 WINNEBAGO, MODEL NUMBERS N841, N821, N641, AND N621
3. Water Intake issue  TSB 04-24-22  Part # XC3Z-9F843-AA 
4. Rear A/C Duct Work at ?Y? check for leaks under coach back end. (temp gun)
5. Roof Seal specific Winnebago sealant only.  (Roof Seal 072889-20-000)
6. Rust under the stairs, coach penetrations, fasteners,  Winshield, Sewer area, storage bays.
7. Air conditioning refrigerant level
8. Tire Age (7 year max)
9. Generator under full load
10. Slides and Bearings on Slide out / Check for tight seal (light) rough rails, worn bearings. 
These are in addition to all of the normal wear and tear things to be checked.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me

J. Mike Rudd       

Hi Mike - welcome aboard!

Good list you have put together.

You won't be able to check the refrigerant level in the house air, but with your non-contact thermometer check the cold air temps out of the ducts  - they should be at least 20 degrees under ambient outside air temps.  Make sure the heat pump mode works.  Check the other house stuff - furnace, galley stuff, etc.  There is a good checklist in the forum library for you to reference.

With the engine running, make sure the house batteries are being charged as well as the chassis batteries.

Look for water spots everywhere you can access.  Hopefully you will get some more advice here...

Back
Top Bottom